pcos and the cambridge diet

Options
I'm about to start the Cambridge diet and I was wondering if anybody with pcos is on this diet or even people who don't suffer with pcos can share any success stories and just give any general advice or anything.

I'm quite nervous about it as I really struggle losing weight and I'm just hoping I'm finally going to get where I want to be
Thanks Natalie :)

Replies

• thesweetshavevanished
    Options
    I did cambridge diet before christmas last yr and lost a stone in about 2 wks...I'm only slightly overweight so if u weight more i imagine you'd loose more or if your at quiet a healthy weight already jst wana slim down it may not be as much.

Its not for faint hearted, you will be hungry, feel faint at times, grouchy, my breath stank after a fews days and you wee so much!!! Its one of the hardest but most effective diets i've ever done, i'm very much all or nothing so its perfect for me and like you i struggle to loose weight the conventional way.

I'm on sole source plus...what are you doing...i've jst completed day 1...feeling hungry but good, i know the weight is gunna fall off me quickly and i'l be back in my skinnest skinnies soon :P

keep in touch let me know how u get on :)
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    A lady I work with has been doing this diet for about 6 months now and has lost over 5 stone. She doesn't find it hard and has had great results but personally I couldn't do the shakes etc.
  • natbc1985
    natbc1985 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did cambridge diet before christmas last yr and lost a stone in about 2 wks...I'm only slightly overweight so if u weight more i imagine you'd loose more or if your at quiet a healthy weight already jst wana slim down it may not be as much.

Its not for faint hearted, you will be hungry, feel faint at times, grouchy, my breath stank after a fews days and you wee so much!!! Its one of the hardest but most effective diets i've ever done, i'm very much all or nothing so its perfect for me and like you i struggle to loose weight the conventional way.

I'm on sole source plus...what are you doing...i've jst completed day 1...feeling hungry but good, i know the weight is gunna fall off me quickly and i'l be back in my skinnest skinnies soon :P

keep in touch let me know how u get on :)

Thanks for the reply :)

I'm currently 11 stone and I want to get down to 8st 7lbs. I'm starting on sole source and I'm hoping to have a good loss between now and when I go away in 9 weeks
  • Anastazia36
    Anastazia36 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I did the Cambridge diet 3 years ago and I lost 40 pounds (18 kg). During these 3 years I put 30 pounds back so I started it again. I started Cambridge weight plan 9 weeks ago and i have just lost 8 kilos (17 pounds). I have a problem with insulin resistance, so this cause my metabolism to work slower. Also I am checking with my dostor for PCOS and I will know in about a week. Maybe this is also an additional problem.

For those 9 weeks only the 5 of them I was doing the CD. My consultant asked me to stop it for some weeks, take my medication for the insulin and then start it again. So actually I have lost this weight in 5 weeks, which is not bad for me because I know that if I was trying dieting by myself I was going to lose 6 pounds the most .

The first time I did it I found it to be very easy. This time I am struggling!! :) But I will not give up because I am sick and tired of myself being fat.

I will make a friend request for all of you because I want to have a motivation and also I want to see how we manage through it.

KEEP GOING GIRLS!!
  • Anastazia36
    Anastazia36 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Can anybody help me with my ticker? How can I changed the weight lost?
  • flipperflapper
    flipperflapper Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I have 5stone to lose and am on day 3 . Add me if you need a Friend. I need some too x
  • luvmycats6197
    luvmycats6197 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am on Cam. Food for Life shakes and soups. Since May 6 have lost 25-30 pounds. I had been eating food that stayed within the calorie range of the shakes when I felt like eating real food. I found after 2 days I was used to it and did not deviate at all for 3 weeks. Then I started to allow myself 1 cheat meal per week. Still doing it twice per day and eating sensible meals and using MFP and started Couch to 5k. No light headedness or bad breath...
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hi I am starting Tuesday and came looking for advise! I hope this helps I want to have a baby!
  • LadySylvanas
    LadySylvanas Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow, have 6 st to lose hope it works..
  • ekeoma
    ekeoma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was on the cambridge diet for 3 weeks lost 10kgs had to stop when i went on holiday. Back now but dont want to get back on it want to regularise my eating habits hopefully i can. i still have 22kgs more to loose . wish me luck peeps