Well Hello There

maskedkutie
maskedkutie Posts: 6
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I'm not very good at personal introductions but I'll do my best.

Over the course my own actions and emotions, I somehow went from being healthy merely complaining about those 5 pounds that would constantly bob up and down to this rollercoaster of chaos and madness that has somehow hit rock bottom

I have done the constant self denial, the self proclaimed of telling myself, tomorrow I'll start or its okay I'll just slip this once and get back on it later then be cosumed, then of course like the majority of people the fad diets but frankly I've had enough. I've sick of the way my friends and family members look at me and the comments of just saying 'Can't you just lose weight?'

I'm tired of the inner turmoil, I'm tired of all this extra food and literal junk I consume for no reason and frankly lets be honest, I'm tired of paying extra for bigger clothes.

I'm 26 years old and I want my life back, and I'm going to do everything I can to do it.

Replies

• Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    I'm right there with ya! Welcome!!
  • greg24bailey
    greg24bailey Posts: 13 Member
    Good luck to you, I think that this site is great at people helping people keep motivated, but it also helps if you have someone on your journey with you. This is MY list of things not necessarily goals but I just labeled them that way.

Goal #1: Quit making excuses and do it! I made excuses for 10 years as the weight packed on (130 pounds) AND I work in a College Rec Center!
    Goal #2: Make small achievable goals, and if you don't succeed keep trying! I've made 12 goals to get me where I want to go along my journey and I've achieved three since starting my life change in December.
    Goal #3: Don't look at the scale...think about how it makes you feel after working out and eating better, then how the clothes start getting bigger. My biggest WOW moment was walking up and down stairs and NOT being winded afterwards.
    Goal #4: It WILL take time, weight doesn't just magically fall off...It truly takes THREE weeks to form a habit!
    Goal #5: Don't be super-strict on everything...allow yourself rewards occassionaly, but beware how often the rewards occur.
    Goal #6: Focus on ALL aspects - exercise, eating right, enough sleep and most important emotionally and spiritually (not that I'm religious but having faith in yourself and your friends to help).
    Goal #7: Pay It Forward! Helping others helps yourself with knowledge and becoming better at what you're doing.

I still have over 100 pounds to go, but I'm 26 pounds lighter than I was just seven weeks ago...and that is what keeps my motivated, along with my wife and my 20 month old son.

Good luck!
    Greg
  • Well Hello and thank you for the welcome note. I am 46 and obese. I know I eat too much and exercise too little but I am going to
    try it yet again. Today is the first day so wish me luck. I hope to get to know you better. How much weight do you want to lose. I need to lose at least 100 but would like to lose more.
  • Good luck to you, I think that this site is great at people helping people keep motivated, but it also helps if you have someone on your journey with you. This is MY list of things not necessarily goals but I just labeled them that way.

Goal #1: Quit making excuses and do it! I made excuses for 10 years as the weight packed on (130 pounds) AND I work in a College Rec Center!
    Goal #2: Make small achievable goals, and if you don't succeed keep trying! I've made 12 goals to get me where I want to go along my journey and I've achieved three since starting my life change in December.
    Goal #3: Don't look at the scale...think about how it makes you feel after working out and eating better, then how the clothes start getting bigger. My biggest WOW moment was walking up and down stairs and NOT being winded afterwards.
    Goal #4: It WILL take time, weight doesn't just magically fall off...It truly takes THREE weeks to form a habit!
    Goal #5: Don't be super-strict on everything...allow yourself rewards occassionaly, but beware how often the rewards occur.
    Goal #6: Focus on ALL aspects - exercise, eating right, enough sleep and most important emotionally and spiritually (not that I'm religious but having faith in yourself and your friends to help).
    Goal #7: Pay It Forward! Helping others helps yourself with knowledge and becoming better at what you're doing.

I still have over 100 pounds to go, but I'm 26 pounds lighter than I was just seven weeks ago...and that is what keeps my motivated, along with my wife and my 20 month old son.

Good luck!
    Greg

Wow goals and mini agendas, I definitely think I will be keeping a eye on you and sending you a add.
  • Well Hello and thank you for the welcome note. I am 46 and obese. I know I eat too much and exercise too little but I am going to
    try it yet again. Today is the first day so wish me luck. I hope to get to know you better. How much weight do you want to lose. I need to lose at least 100 but would like to lose more.

My technical first day began last Monday, and I actually lost 4 pounds there (I havent weighed in since the weekend so for all I know it could have popped back up.)

My goals are actually multi goals within itself and while I may joke its all about squeezing into that smexy dress or bikini again, its really about my journey back to healthy living.

So far this month, I have stopped smoking, so I'm on day 25 now and I feel good about it.

Now I am just trying to get a game plan going for everything else, I want to quit my soda and junk food habits and slow transend to wheat and gluten free life style.

Oh and before I forget (because I think she will smack me if I do it again) Much love and a shout out to Lucia who told me about this site.
  • greg24bailey
    greg24bailey Posts: 13 Member
    Keep up the tobacco free lifestyle. Tomorrow will be 12 weeks dip free or me (almost 2 cans per day for 17 years). It's great actually having the extra money and not having to listen to my wife complain about it anymore. The first two weeks was the toughest for me, but I have not had a craving since week #3. Quiting dip tobacco is supposedly the hardest thing to quit other than hardcore drugs, then weight-loss and lifestyle change will be a piece of cake.
This discussion has been closed.