365 days!!!

Options
Today marks the day that I have logged into MFP for 365 days. I've been looking forward to this day for awhile now, and I've been thinking about what that milestone means, and how far I have come in the last year.

*365 days ago, I weighed 255 (I am 5'6").
*Today, I weigh 194.2.

*365 days ago, I was spending most nights in the guest bedroom, because my snoring was so obnoxious, and I was embarrassed that I was the reason my husband couldn't sleep.
*Today, I am sleeping back where I belong...beside my husband.

*365 days ago, I thought that we'd eventually have to move out of our split level house to something with no stairs because my knees hurt so badly when I walked.
*Today, I bound up and down the steps several times a day without even thinking about it.

*365 days ago, I was tired all the time and had severe headaches, because my sleep apnea woke me up several times a night.
*Today, I sleep well.

*365 days ago, I wore a size 22.
*Today, I wear a size 16

*365 days ago, I couldn't walk for 15 minutes on my treadmill
*Today, I can go 90 minutes, and have even started Couch to 5 K.

*365 days ago, I dreaded flying because I never knew if the seat belt was going to fit.
*Today, I don't give the seat belt on a plane a second thought.

*365 days ago, I let everyone else enjoy my beautiful swimming pool except me....couldn't take a chance being spotted in a bathing suit
*Today, I OWN that pool, and I USE that pool!

*365 days ago, I hated having my picture taken.
*Today, I think I may be turning into quite the ham!

*365 days ago, I didn't think I could do this.
*Today, I'm ready to lose the next 40 pounds, and I know there's nothing that can stop me but me!!

Thanks for letting me celebrate with you all! This community has been so supportive and encouraging. I have made friends on here that I have never met (and may never get to), but I wouldn't trade them for anything!

Replies

• meagande
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You have every reason to celebrate your success! I'm inspired!
  • mbbeau
    Options
    I am just starting out, on myfitnesspal. Your story is encouraging.
    MB
  • monkeymo_64
    monkeymo_64 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What an inspirational post, thank you!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Eek this post made me a little teary! Amazing progress - thank you for sharing with us!!

:flowerforyou:
  • AmandaH04
    Options
    Thank you Dawn. I was crying through this post because even 4 months in for me, I have seen a difference, but because the scale isn't moving, I want to give up. This post gives makes my reasons for doing this to stand out stronger, keep me in balance, get my *kitten* up and keep going. You are a true inspiration. I am so thankful to call you my friend! We need to make plans to see each other at least once a year!!!! Let's do this, let's kick this weight to the curb...
  • JMarie5390
    Options
    I love this post. When you think back to a year ago and how so much has changed, it puts life into perspective doesn't it?
  • ellie_uk
    ellie_uk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dawn - Congratulations - you are an inspiration that if I stick at this I too might have the success you have had
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    This is amazing! I am truly inspired!

I had been stuck in a rut for the past month or so, and my motivation had been floundering because of it...and now, after reading this I am re-energized! I'm looking forward to posting something like this when my 365 day mark gets here! (Luckily I still have more than half way to go- because I really need to kick it into high-gear!).

:)
  • svetadoll
    svetadoll Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Very very inspirational!!!!! I even shed some tears!!! ^_^ Thank you for sharing. X
  • Christieson
    Christieson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and thanks for the great insights. I'm just 345 days behind you!!
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Terrific post and congratulations on all that you have accomplished in only 365 days! Awesome! There is no food in the universe that could give you the joy you must be feeling with each of these accomplishments. I mean they are not small ones, but gigantic ones in my book!!! WTG
  • stephiegirl1215
    Options
    Way to go, I love this post! So inspiring!
  • jube61
    jube61 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    great to read your journey.....so inspirational...you have done so well....look forward to reading your next 365 days...
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first 365 days - Here is to another 365! What an inspiration and dedication is very motivating - thank you for posting!
  • DaisySomers
    Options
    AWESOME AND INSPIRING...
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Well done ..... keep it going and keep having those life changing victories
  • TimeFourMe
    TimeFourMe Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Fabulous post! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • MistChances
    MistChances Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You are my hero. Really. Your determination is phenomenal. Wow! good show!:flowerforyou:
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    What a great list of positive things. Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!