Wine and Weight Loss

I'll be starting my plan on Tuesday and am wondering if I can consume my nightly glass of wine and still lose weight, as long as I am within my calorie allowance.

Has anyone experimented with having wine on their diet and then cutting it out to compare the difference?

Thanks!

Replies

• bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    So long as I'm under calories and have eaten fairly healthily the wine makes no difference. In fact it helps a lot with my arthritis.
  • Rockdrop
    Rockdrop Posts: 22 Member
    That's great to hear! Thanks for your response! :-)
  • JeniSue28
    JeniSue28 Posts: 1,395 Member
    As long as you are with in your calories. There is a lot of research out there that a glass of wine (particularly red wine) is very beneficial to your health.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    yeah, just track it and it'll automatically be added to your daily total. Just do the name and amount and It will track it. It will tell the calorie intake so just reduce if you go over.....
  • Just stay within your calorie count and you're fine.

I used to drink red wine every night with dinner but now I barely have time to make dinner LOL
    BUT I do enjoy a glass of moscato occasionally when I get time for a bubble bath. =D
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 342 Member
    I drink a glass of wine pretty much every day, but I did stop drinking completely until I reached my weight goal, because alcohol makes me want to much. I was drinking my wine right before dinner, but now, I drink it with a meal. The tricky part for me is sticking to ONE glass. I've started measuring out my five ounces, and if I find that I can't stop at that, I will give it up again. I like the health benefits of red wine, but it's still basically empty calories, so one glass, at about 110 calories, has to be my limit.
  • I have been known to plan my glass (or 2) into my daily calories. Booze lowers the inhibitions though, so you have to really fight off the urge to eat that bag of Fritos at midnight ;) lol!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    I drink a glass of wine pretty much every day, but I did stop drinking completely until I reached my weight goal, because alcohol makes me want to much. I was drinking my wine right before dinner, but now, I drink it with a meal. The tricky part for me is sticking to ONE glass. I've started measuring out my five ounces, and if I find that I can't stop at that, I will give it up again. I like the health benefits of red wine, but it's still basically empty calories, so one glass, at about 110 calories, has to be my limit.

Health benefits negates "empty" calories :P You may not be getting necessary nutrition of protein or fiber, but you ARE getting vital antioxidants that hardly make it empty!
  • caitsaunt
    caitsaunt Posts: 25 Member

Same here, when I lost about 20 lbs a few years ago I still had a daily glass. However - agree with above that it's hard to stick to one glass and also hard to eyeball the measurements. I've decided to cut it out altogether except for weekends for the time being. Well, when this bottle is done, that is. :)
  • ktied
    ktied Posts: 137 Member
    I still have one glass every night or even two if I'm feelin crazy...lol. I am losing weight just fine. I do measure it though, to make sure I still fall within my calories