Using Wii Fit as exercise

Options
Ive been on a diet for a week now. During the first few days I was struggling to exercise as I didn't know how to. Then I suddenly remembered my wii fit that id bought a year ago and not used. Im finding it a lot of fun as i feel i get feedback on each activity. If it's good i wanna beat my record if its not thats my motivation to work harder.

I am worried that i'll grow bored. Anybody else using the wii fit. Any suggestions on any exercises?

Replies

• tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Im thinking of purchasing a Wii soon, so I hope its as much fun as everyone says it is.

Right now I use my Comcast (ON DEMAND) Exercise TV option to work out. It has a wide variety of work outs, so when I get bored or tired of doing the same one over and over, I just turn it to a new one.
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I did get bored with wii fit but then I bought EA sports active and then the more workouts EA sports active I LOVE IT-- It is perfect for me--I also like the wii fit plus games as they burn more calories than the original--If you like working out with your wii then I would recommend EA sports active it is the BEST I even like it better than wii Biggest Loser game
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    I love the Wii fit!!! So much fun!!
  • joelohr
    Options
    I have been using the Wii Fit but am getting bored with it, the only thing I use it for is tracking my weight. I want to get the EA Active for Wii, I have heard you get a better workout.
  • maz176
    maz176 Posts: 3
    Options
    I think Ill purchase the ea active, does it have aerobics on it? thats what i enjoy most, the rest is good but doent feel like a prper work out.
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit Plus, and it was an integral part in upping the intensity of my workouts. I got it for Christmas, and when I started it, I was working out about 2 hours/day on it. I started doing the free run-I've never run in my life, and when I started being able to hit 30 min without really feeling too worn out, I decided to take up running outside. It's great! I only run about 1-2 mi right now, but I'm faster than I thought I'd be (about 8 min mile). The best thing about it is I can play with my kids, get them up and moving, I'm burning cals and having fun getting quality time with the kids. I no longer use it as my main workout, the workouts are just not intense enough anymore, but it still burns some decent cals when I play for 30 min or so with the kids.
  • doyoga
    doyoga Posts: 20
    Options
    After loosing my first 13 lbs, I hit a plateau. Since I hate going to the gym, I decided to invest in a Wii & bought Wii Fit Plus. I LOVE it! I use it daily, and it helped me over my plateau. If you're getting bored with it, than definitely try new games, The Biggest Loser is awesome!
  • aweightogo
    Options
    I have been using wii fit plus since December and I love it. For someone like me that was not exercising AT ALL before mfp, it works great. I like that I can try new things each day, or stick with my favorites. I get bored with any sort of repetition, so I rotate my workouts between wii fit plus, walking outside, walk away the pounds dvds and just dance(wii game). I have found that variety is the key to keeping me motivated to work out, and I end up looking forward to each activitity when it is its "turn"!
  • maskedkutie
    Options
    That is definitely one thing, I am willing to make a investment in. A Few of my friends have the Wii Fit or the Fit Plus and love it. Plus the idea of not having to work out in front of a 'group' of people and when you think about it, the cost in the long run is definitely cheaper than what you would pay for a home gym or a membership. Then again who knows, I might change my mind when I get one.
  • SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I would highly suggest Wii Active. You can get add ons (additional game) if you get bored, and it changes your workout everyday. It also has achievements/trophies, so you can strive for those as well. My favorite parts are the 30 day plan that they have built into the game, plus that you can work with adjacent profiles (buddy up!). Just a recommendation of course. Good luck to everyone!
  • nikkia75
    Options
    i also use the Ea Active, i love it, ive never really liked sports or the gym, even at school i was the first to hand in a sick note (usually forging my mums signature) but the wii is perfect for me. i do the 30 day plan on high intensity.
    it fits in with my lifestyle.
    would recommend it to anyone