Poll- Greek yogurt

Options

Replies

• AngelAtkins61
    AngelAtkins61 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like chobani and Shop Rite (grocery store here) greek yogurts.. Neither have preservatives. I add one Truvia to them and some fruit. LOVE THEM
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Oikos blueberry or greek gods honey are my favorites!!!
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    Greek Gods honey is my favourite. I like plain too. Trying to get used to the 0% fat kind but it's still so sour...
  • MauiAnne90
    Options
    I get the Greek Gods honey strawberry yogurt which is really good or I sweeten up the plain stuff with a little bit of honey and fruit.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods has such a pathetic amount of protein for the money you spend. Anyway, my favorite is Fage whole fat or the 2%. The only fat-free I actually love, though, is Dannon Oikos.
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Dannon light & fit Greek, I Like the cherry flavour
    It's only 80 calories, strawberry is also yummy.

This for sure. Only 80 calories each, with 12 grams of protein. The cherry is great, and the strawberry and blueberry are nice as well. I like to add 1 tbsp of honey-roasted sunflower seeds which, at 48 calories, still keeps me at or below what other Greek yogurts have without. I could eat this all day, and normally have two or three a day.
  • careyannal
    Options
    Chobani Apple Cinnamon is pretty good. Overall I like Oikos better though. Their non-fat flavors are less bitter tasting than Chobani's.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I love the Dannon light & fit. My favorite is vanilla, followed by strawberry. They also have blueberry and cherry. only 80 calories and 12 grams of protein :smile:
  • pjmcinnis
    pjmcinnis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    try adding a spoon of jam (I am particularly fond of the strawberry rhubarb "Twice the Fruit" and usually sugar free) and/or a spoonful of your choice of sweetener. I also add about a 1/3 cup of granola and it makes a great breakfast and start to the day. I have found Kirkland's yogurt to be pretty good, (Costco)
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    fage plain greek yogurt. I throw some sweet leaf stevia in mine althought I grew up on this type of yogurt in France so I'm okay with the flavor. But the stevia makes it sweet. Fruit like blueberies work well as well.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I must be weird. I LOVE plain Greek yogurt!

^^^^ that
  • Taneil27
    Options
    My favorite is Fage. But you should try Oikos... its more sweet and very tasty!! :-)
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Chobani's vanilla. I use it for smoothies, with breakfast (muesli, berries, raisins, chia seeds), and want to try to substitute different baking things with it to make baked goods healthier :)

My daughter loves the Chobani with fruit on the bottom.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I add granola and fruit to my Fage 2% or 0% yogurt. I will also add 365 fruit spread to it as well. Try honey. My sister and her kids love it with honey. When I travel I usually get Chobani - peach and pineapple flavored individual containers. YUMMY
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I eat Fage 0% plain usually. I like to add fruit to it - tangelo sections, berries (fresh or frozen), etc
  • jholmden
    Options
    I buy my Greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom at Costco. I am out right now and don't remember the name of it, but... It is really great with lots of protein.
  • ElleBee615
    Options
    Chobani Pineapple is EVERYTHING!!! Or Peach! LOL :happy:
  • uwdawg07
    Options
    Fage is really good, so is Chobani. I mostly eat Stonyfield Oikos vanilla because it's much lower in sugar than the other flavored ones. But it isn't my favorite!
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    I get Shoprite fat free plain Greek and use a little squirt of Mio watermelon berry water enhancer.
    I have to keep my blood sugar down.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    oh I just found an amazing not-greek but super thick yogurt! It's called Siggi's Icelandic Skyr. I looked at the nutritional info and had to triple check what I was seeing. Fewer calories, way less sugar/carbs, and way more protein than any of the greek yogurt brands. The serving sizes are smaller than the single-serving chobani, but STILL has more protein per serving!

It's a bit expensive, so I know for some people smaller serving + fewer calories isn't cost efficient, but for those of us trying to get the most out of the fewest calories, it's a total winner. Ive only tasted the blueberry so far, and there weren't any fruit chunks, but I read that the orange-ginger flavor has ginger bits! It's got no artificial ingredients, the sweetener is agave.

here's the web site: http://skyr.com/skyr.html

anyone else try this?