Quitting MFP

Options
Insanely frustrated because I honestly think I have gained weight since starting this site. I have done weight watchers in the past and lost 40 pounds and I think I need to go back. I need the accountability of having to weight in and actually having someone else see my weekly progress. I love MFP since it is easy to use, free, and I have the app on my phone but I am frustrated. Does anyone have any advice before I give in and go back to WW?

Replies

• justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    without knowing anything about you it is hard to offer advice....
  • mimiluci07
    Options
    i know it's hard to do this..... it was hard for me because at first i thought that it wasn't working for me either.... i gave it a whole month but then i started to see changes slowly, but surely..... but if it doesn't work for you and u felt weight watchers work for you then do it =).... everything doesn't work for everyone.... i know weight watchers didn't work for me but it work for others, u feel what i'm saying =) good luck with your weight lost
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to tell you, this works great for me. I am accountable because I make myself accountable.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I think there's groups on here of former WW people- or if there isn't you should start one, and find others on here who have also had success with WW and transitioned to here.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    None.
    The journey to self-improvement (in health, weight, or anything else) is a highly individualistic thing. Yes, MFP is a wonderfully convenient tool, and it's the perfect tool for certain people with certain mindsets. You can't always fit a flathead screwdriver into a phillips head screw, though. Do what you know works for you.
    Maybe, somewhere down the line, you can return to this site and share with us the amazing progress you've made on WW! I for one am always happy to hear a success story ;D

Good luck!
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I don't know what to tell you, this works great for me. I am accountable because I make myself accountable.

This. I lost the majority (pretty much all of it) of the weight before joining MFP. You are the one that should be holding yourself accountable. However, with that being said, if weight watchers works for you then go for it. Definitely stick to what works and get rid of what doesn't. Best of luck to you on what ever you choose! :flowerforyou:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you.
    BUT if you are motivated by others or if you need someone to be accountable to, why not add more friends? Hang around a bit, share something about yourself and your goals, look for groups with like-minded people.
    This really is an excellent resource...and it's FREE.

Feel free to add me. I'm a mom in my late 30s who is trying to balance taking care of myself with taking care of my family and work. I log in pretty much every day.
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    stay here. add me and i will help you. you can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sgwhit
    sgwhit Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    add friends for accoutablity open your food diary so people can offer subjection.
    you can add me.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you. WW is a great program.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Multi time x weight watcher member here, tired of paying their prices and pretty impossible with their point system to count carbs (I'm type 2DM).

But being here does work, I've lost each week and I've been here since June 7th.

No one can really offer you any advice since you don't give any info. What are you eating? What are your settings on MFP (calories/carbs/protein/fat) Your height? How much weight to you want to lose per week?

Good luck whichever way you decide to lose the weight and get healthy.
  • stagegoddess
    stagegoddess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    whatever works for you. i like MFP bc i can do it anywhere on my phone. i like not paying any money and like that its all thru the internet. with my crazy work schedules (3 jobs) this works for me---find what works for you and you can stick to for the rest of your life. i don't plan on quitting MFP when i meet my goal, maybe you can loose with WW while still logging on here so you can do your maintenance on MFP when you finish with WW.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    If weight watchers had worked for you, you wouldn't be here. Open your diary, fill out your profile, get some friends, ask for advice. You are probably doing it all wrong. I'll help you, but you'll have to open your diary.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    ww sucks.

do low carb. so much easier and healthier =]
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you depend on other, physical people to hold you accountable for your eating and weight loss, then MFP isn't going to help you. It has the tools you need, but if you can't do it yourself, then you should probably go back to Weight Watchers. There's no shame in finding what works for you. But remember, weight loss is for YOU, so your motivation shouldn't be that you're doing it because you feel like you're letting others down.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    this type of question/comment always confuses me bc MFP isn't a diet plan. It's just a way to track progress. Couldn't one be "doing" weight watchers (or any other plan) and still use MFP as a way to track nutrition? I guess I can understand that someone wants/needs the structure of WW, but I think I would still want to track my other numbers. It's great to look back and see "oh i felt like crap today because i ate those really salty things" or "no wonder I am tired, I didn't really get enough protein"
  • dearladydisdain
    Options
    this type of question/comment always confuses me bc MFP isn't a diet plan. It's just a way to track progress. Couldn't one be "doing" weight watchers (or any other plan) and still use MFP as a way to track nutrition? I guess I can understand that someone wants/needs the structure of WW, but I think I would still want to track my other numbers. It's great to look back and see "oh i felt like crap today because i ate those really salty things" or "no wonder I am tired, I didn't really get enough protein"
    ^THIS!

You probably just need to tweak your calorie/macro amounts, and adjust the way you are eating. I certainly don't use MFP's automatic settings. I just use it to track.
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Open your diary, add some friends. If you want to be accountable get friends on here that will tell it to you straight. You only fail if you want to fail. The accountability ultimately stops with YOU.

If you eat crap and someone says hey that wasnt the best food choice is that REALLY going to stop you eating it again? Or are you more likely to not eat it again because you can see that it added weight?

MFP is not as structured as WW for sure .... but it is a good way to build habits that you can maintain for life rather than locking yourself into a lifetime of weigh-ins and point counting.
  • pichild
    pichild Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    keep in mind it is not all one way or the other. join ww and use this site as a tool and an additional means of support.