Ugh...help.

Options
So if you look at my food diary....
It's the end of the night and I want to get in about 300 more calories...but I'm really not hungry.

My one friend suggested getting a fast food burger...but ...but...
-_-

Anyone have a moderately high calorie, yet not full of fat an stuff?
I can't eat anymore vegetables today...they were in everything I ate lol.

Replies

• KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    If you can handle eating something solid, maybe have a peanut butter sandwich. If not solid food, myself, I would make some coffee and put sugary things in it, like ice cream.

Not totally healthy, but it gets your calories up, and it's nice to satisfy your sweet tooth now and again. I'm going to have some iced coffee with heavy cream (but that would be high in fat, I think).
  • jholmden
    Options
    Eat a quarter cup of almonds! High calories enough, protein.. Some healthy fats.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    If you arent hungry, why eat? Isnt that how most people got here??

Anyhoo, eat a good fat. Avacado, nuts, ect. Dont fill your body full of junk JUST to get calories.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Nuts? Milk?
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Any sort of nut butter toast or sandwich is roughly 300 cals.
    Hit up a fro-yo place, use lots of fruit for topping = yum!
    Protein shake.
    If you really feel like a treat, have one.
  • simplynaturalfarm
    Options
    1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup milk and 5-10 strawberry smoothie (with frozen berries)mmm. Put in a tablespoon or two of coconut oil and you'll be there for sure.
    Heather
  • tfraley10
    Options
    I would eat whatever snack you want within reason.

If you really don't want anything, I wouldn't eat anything. Don't starve yourself, but if you don't feel hungry at least a little, I don't see a reason to make yourself eat just to bump up the total.
  • wazert
    wazert Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A protein shake or bar would be good. Add a banana to the shake. Make it nice and cold with ice cubes.
    It's easy to slowly sip something even if you are not hungry.
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I had about 500 calories left today and just wasn't hungry either.

BUT, kudos for trying to meet your goal anyway!

Never think that a fast food burger is the solution. Just because we wake to a new day tomorrow and 1200+ calories new... doesn't mean we can go out and eat a whole pizza for breakfast and be okay. We are what we eat. Abs are made in the kitchen. You've heard it all, I'm sure.

Almonds, Greek yoghurt, peanut butter is fabulous -- grab some real stuff, not PB2 in this case, most nuts will be high in cal and fat for you, and if you're having a sweet tooth... dark chocolate covered almonds should do the trick.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Fat isn't inherently bad for you. If you want a burger, enjoy it. You can also stock up on high calorie snacks like avocado, granola, nuts,,,
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Nuts or peanut butter are an easy way to get a few more calories
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I usually have a banana and low fat milk :smile:
  • itsrebec
    Options
    I am so envious. I never have too many calories left. I love food and am always hungry.
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies....
    I've been seeing a lot that if my calories are too low my body will go into starvation mode...

I hope this doesn't trigger anyone but every time I diet I get kind of...in the anorexic mentality, so that is another reason why I'm trying to get closer, at least to the 1500 and half of my workout calories, I'm a big girl- it takes a lot of fuel to make me run!

I just remembered I have some coconut toffee peanuts! I will have those when I get home...that should bump me, get me some good fats, and have a 'cheat' food tonight. Maybe I'll get down some more triscuts too....

Thank you everyone for your responses, I need all the help I can get. :)
  • misskristy30
    Options
    Nuts or peanut butter are an easy way to get a few more calories

This...
  • CrystaLight74
    Options
    I have to eat a good breakfast, or I cannot get all of my calories in. I love nuts and keep them on hand to help "fill in the cracks". You got some great suggestions here. Hope you enjoyed your snack :)
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    What most others have said... nut butters, greek yogurts (fuller fat versions,) handful of almonds, glass of chocolate milk, protein smoothie... There's lots of ways.