Moderately healthy Chinese food?

Options
I'm stranded in the office today for lunch because the wind gusts outside are ridiculous. I was considering an order of Chinese food; but Chinese food is not necessarily the lowest in calorie and fat content. I've just started with MFP and calorie counting. I've been doing well so far.

Are there any delicious yet semi-healthy dishes you could recommend to me so I can have a delicious lunch without feeling like I've given up the ghost? lol If push comes to shove, I'll just brave the wind and walk to Panera Bread. But I'd like to know dish suggestions for future reference!

Replies

• cdsteffy
    Options
    No pain no gain. Who cares about wind you will feel better if you eat something other than greasy, fattening, chinese food. Just imagine a giant ball in your stomach that keeps getting bigger and will not go away. That is the grease trying to absorb you!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Panda Express near your work? You can check out their info guide online. I found a few things that were low cal & low sodium, and totally tasty!

Otherwise, in the future, you can make stir fry at home & take it to work with you.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    there are healthier menu items. Get steamed rice rather than noodles or fried rice. Choose entre's that have lots of veggies and the meat isn't "cripsy". I like Panda Express' Mandarin Chicken, it's just grilled chicken... and skip on the sauces the food tastes just as good without them! Hope that helps!
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just order what you want but mind your portions. Half an order of a small orange chicken with white rice really isn't that detrimental. Eat a healthy dinner.
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    this isn't going to help you right now with being at work, but since you are a fan of chinese, there is a great recipe in the weight watchers cook book called orange chicken with broccoli. soo delicious! definitely something you could make and bring to work the next day. hope you figure something out for today though!
  • tgreg13
    Options
    :smile: Whenever my boyfriend wants to order chinese food I always get the steamed shrimp or scallops and mixed vegetables. They offer sauce on the side and they also give you steamed white rice. It's pretty tasty and you can only use a little sauce if you need it.
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    I get steamed chicken and veggies with brown sauce on the side (for dipping), with either white rice instead of fried, or most places if you ask, will just give you extra steamed veggies and no rice or egg roll. Super low in calories, fat, and sodium, as long as you don't overdo it on the brown sauce.
  • motherofabishai
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I did decide today to get over the wind factor and walk down to Panera; but these are great suggestions for the future. :happy: