Not here for pity,but i need help!!!

Hi everyone,I'm Leah,28,I have one child and married..I have had an account here on mfp before and successfully lost 60 lbs.I had great support and good friends.I stayed on for a yr,and sadly just lost my drive to lose,was hopeless and deleted my account.I went on without mfp for about 6 months,and have gained close to 12 lbs,it may not sound like a lot,but for someone that obsessed with their weight,its horrible.I have no one to blame but myself.I lost control over my eating and have been seriously depressed.my depression thanks to God has gotten better,but I did get to a point where I tried to commit suicide,not so much because of my weight,but I felt like a big loser..I'm now here crying for help,I can't do this alone.I tried and its hard.yes I know,if I don't want the change then their won't be no change..but I need friends to motivate me,because I feel alone..I'm so scared to gain all the weight back that I worked so hard for..I have this super energetic thin healthy person living in me that needs to come out,but she just needs help..I would love to take friend requests,and support,and I will do the same..thanks so much and I appreciate the help in advance.

SW:242lbs
CW:188lbs
GW:150lbs

Replies

• fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    You did it once, you can do it again!
    :flowerforyou:
  • The key is to pray and ask god for guidance.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Glad you are back. I returned about 65 days ago after being gone for a few years. Its a good place to come back to. Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    The important thing you are back. I went through the same thing. Lost about 70 pounds and then just quit trying. I let a little over 30 pounds come back on..yikes!!! It made me just want to give up and not care, but that is definitely not the answer..now I am back and loving it. Ready to claim my life before my life claims me! Feel free to send me a request, I love to encourage and support each other through this journey.
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    The key is to pray and ask god for guidance.

Awesome advice, how much easier would things be for us if we just took the time to do this.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    The key is to pray and ask god for guidance.

So right!
  • goncountry
    goncountry Posts: 75 Member
    Join our group, 365 logins to leave the group...I started the group but have been struggling since starting back to work, so join us and let's both get going again!
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Welcome back! Although I'm new here, I know what it's like to have an accounting system for all food intake and exercise, but when I was close to my goal, I stopped tracking because gee, the rest of it would be *easy* to lose. Wrong.

So, my plan is to be on MFP long-term...as in, when I eventually make my Goal Weight, I will set a new goal, and then I'll be in maintenace.

If you need a 'friend' for encouragement, kicks in the butt, or general humor - please feel free to friend me :smile:
  • You can do this! You are in the right place. I started my journey today and I will add you as a friend for motivation. I need motivation myself. Sometimes I get depressed too because I used to be lean and thin and ran marathons. Life changes happened all at once and I gained quite a bit. I got as high as 212 pounds before starting MyFitnesspal and I am now at 195. My goal is to get down to 130-135.

We can do this!
  • kteigen1
    kteigen1 Posts: 5 Member
    You can do it, you are a strong powerful woman and you are just wonderful, best of luck :)
  • Hi everyone,I'm Leah,28,I have one child and married..I have had an account here on mfp before and successfully lost 60 lbs.I had great support and good friends.I stayed on for a yr,and sadly just lost my drive to lose,was hopeless and deleted my account.I went on without mfp for about 6 months,and have gained close to 12 lbs,it may not sound like a lot,but for someone that obsessed with their weight,its horrible.I have no one to blame but myself.I lost control over my eating and have been seriously depressed.my depression thanks to God has gotten better,but I did get to a point where I tried to commit suicide,not so much because of my weight,but I felt like a big loser..I'm now here crying for help,I can't do this alone.I tried and its hard.yes I know,if I don't want the change then their won't be no change..but I need friends to motivate me,because I feel alone..I'm so scared to gain all the weight back that I worked so hard for..I have this super energetic thin healthy person living in me that needs to come out,but she just needs help..I would love to take friend requests,and support,and I will do the same..thanks so much and I appreciate the help in advance.

SW:242lbs
    CW:188lbs
    GW:150lbs

Hello and welcome back. I too joined previously and lost 20lbs then went on a 2 week all inclusive holiday and never got back on it lol. I took and year out and havent actually gained any. think i got pretty good at maintaining or i would gain a few pounds then work my butt off to loose it and then the same again. Ive decided to restart properly not though as getting married next year so im finally focused on getting to my goal of 10st 10lbs so 24lbs to loose altogether :).

We can do this if we all stick together and rwead eachothers profiles and posts for support. feel free to add me. xxx
  • Thanks for all the encouraging words,really means a lot to get some help,I really appreciate it:) I will be responding shortly to friend requests:)
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    You are not alone - mind you, some of the posts here are enough to make me want to crawl back under my stone.
    Don't be put off by 'Them'.
    Right now I'd love to do 60 minutes of cardio but since one of my stainless steel hips popped out (again) last week and my leg is in a brace I'll just make do with feeling extra hungry.
    Hang in there - as you say, pity isn't what is required - just an app to shove a sock down the throat of those who say stuff like, "go hard or stay home" - if only! [I am home - and that's the trouble BUT me and my stick are about to step outside to the news-agent to pay the paper bill.

and I may be gone some time.
  • psse01
    psse01 Posts: 29 Member
    There are some very wonderful people on this site that will be happy to support you and motivate you. Just remember my dear, what you think is what you receive. Tell your self every single day that you are beautiful and fit and healthy and happy and deserving of good things....and BELIEVE with all of your heart, and you will become all of those things and more. (Add me to your list of friends) :-))
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    :flowerforyou:

Hey if you need motivation I'm here...and ANYONE else can send me a friend request! I'm on this journey for the rest of my life, I don't plan on going anywhere. I log on daily and I'm dedicated to helping at least one person seeing that keeping a positive outlook of this journey will give you better results! :wink:
  • Yeah, no need to feel bad about it. We all make mistakes from time to time, but it's time to get back on the horse!

God will help you this time if you ask! :)
  • ppmarkgraf
    ppmarkgraf Posts: 6 Member
    I was touched by your candor, but also saddened by the fact that you even entertained the thought of suicide. Exercise is a great mood stabilizer, and I've found that if we really learned to like ourselves for the things we are good at, and focused on fixing the things we don't like, we can accept ourselves for the many things we have to offer to others.

Surround yourself with people you love and who love you--whether that's face to face, or with online friends. The weight often "magically" comes off easier, if you learn to love yourself. You would never say awful and hateful things to a good friend, so learn to be your own friend.

I know this may sound like "new age bull****", but once I stopped looking in the mirror and saying hateful and critical things about myself, I started to accept myself for the many faults I have, and the weight started coming off. Feel free to add me as a friend, if you're interested. I've made a goal and commitment to be selfish and do this for me. Additionally, I've made a commitment to the friends I currently have to provide words of encouragement and insightful comments. I wish you the best...no one should feel as horrible about themselves as you have in the past. Here's to a much brighter future!!

Patti
  • Aw,thanks so much everyone,I can feel the love!!!