NSV. Today, I am a runner :)

Options
I have been doing the Couch to 5K program. 5 weeks ago, by the end of my 1 minute runs, I was out of breath. My podcast said I shouldn't be and I always laughed, because I was. I knew in the back of my head w5 d3, a 20 minute run, was coming, but I laughed. In high school, I walked instead of ran. I tried running randomly through high school and never, ever did more than a minute or two.

Today, I completed Week 5 Day 3. 15 minutes in, I struggled. 16 minutes in, I wanted to quit. 18 minutes in, I thought I was toast.

But I told myself I would always, always regret it if I quit with 2 minutes to go.

And today, calves and shins on fire, I ran for 20 minutes solid, with no rocking breaks.

Today, I am a runner.

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Congratulations! Go sign up for a 5K! :)
  • sunnyrunner77
    sunnyrunner77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Pure awesomeness - what a great day for you!!

Two favorite quotes:

"It never gets easier. You just get better."

and

"I am a runner because I run. Not because I run far. Not because I run fast"
  • mrsH09
    mrsH09 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    congrats!! it is my ultimate goal to be a runner :)
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yay! It's amazing
  • Go1096
    Go1096 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    YAY! that's great!
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!! I wanna be like ou when I grow up!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    High five on your victory! Nothing will stop you now!
  • YUMMY45
    Options
    Thanx for the inspiration. I'll think of you on my next treadmill run. thanx!
  • kritterxx
    kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great determination, I wish I could get myself to do it sigh, well done :D
  • malspaugh
    Options
    Thats awesome! Keep it up! I know how it feels, and you will never regret not giving up!
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    That's so awesome! :-) Way to go!

I'm going to start week 3 of Couch to 5K and I'm so scared for what's coming up. I hope to be making a similar post like yours soon. :-)
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats and very well done. I want to run so badly. Properly run I mean, at the minute my kids say that I "run like a girl". My stamina is quite poor, I get tired and out of breath very quickly
    I keep saying I want to do c25k, and I have the app on my phone, but I've been nervous about going out for my first run alone. Today I have made a descion, I'm just gonna go for it! I start next week after I finish my current JM workout. Can't wait.

Two favorite quotes:

"It never gets easier. You just get better."

and

"I am a runner because I run. Not because I run far. Not because I run fast"

I love these!!
  • nadiamode
    Options
    Big big congratulations to you and thank you for sharing. I'm due to do Week 5 Day 3 today and was about to chicken out because I don't feel like it. I think I'm going to push on :)
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    congrats! I just finished week 6 but had the same feeling when i completed week 5. Keep up the great work, we can do this :D
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! :D I'm happy for you... and thank you for the inspiration! I've been thinking about trying a c5k program. :)
  • teenamai
    teenamai Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! I just started C25K and have been struggling. This is exactly what I needed to hear. Congrats to you! Great job for pushing through! You are my inspiration :)
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!

To everyone who has said they are thinking of the C25K - do it. Do it even if you think you're not a runner, could never be a runner - because I have news for you: Yes you can. You will be /amazed/ at how it lets you push yourself, and at how your body adapts. Every week will be a challenge - there are no easy weeks. But it prepares you and you CAN do it - so go do it!
  • sheismith
    sheismith Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    well done! love couch to 5k, would recommend it to anyone that wants to run!
  • estherwhetstone
    estherwhetstone Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post! I'm starting week 5 tomorrow and I'm worried about day 3. You just inspired me and I'm not going to think about it and just go and do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!