PB2 Peanut Butter Replacement

Options
TR56
TR56 Posts: 63 Member
So, I am a peanut butter lover, but typically go without because of the calories and fat in just 2Tbsp. It's also hard because my favorite protein smoothie is peanut butter, so no dice for me when needing a calorie deficit. So I came across PB2 last week and just got it in yesterday. Today I made my first smoothie with it and all I can say is wow! On it's own, the stuff tastes more like peanuts, but mixed in a smoothie/shake with all the other ingredients makes such a peanut butter flavor.

This is the website, but I got my stuff from amazon: http://www.bellplantation.com

PB Smoothie:

2 cup Almond Milk
1 Scoop Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Powder
1 Tsp Creatine
3Tbsp PB2
1 frozen banana
1 cup ice

Replies

• mrsogden259
    Options
    I love this stuff too! I rehydrate it and dip apples in it. mmmmmmmmmmmm
    Works well in smoothies like you said too.
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love this too. Use it in my smoothies and with fruit. My next to try is the chocolate
  • Sharlene113
    Sharlene113 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I LOVE peanut butter and use it in my breakfast protein shakes but only once/twice a week due to the calories/fat, etc. I would LOVE to try this! Website has lots of recipes as well. Thank you for sharing.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Where can you buy PB2?
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Where can you buy PB2?

I think i bought some from amazon, or ebay... yeah ebay has good deals on it.

So you can't just pick it up at Safeway or Lucky or whatever?
  • mrsogden259
    Options
    Look at your grocery store right by the peanut butter. If they dont have it, ask the customer service department to get it. Theres a reason they ask you when you check out "did you find everything ok?" the more we tell them about a product we want, the more available it will be everywhere! :) I found mine at the commissary on the base where we were living at the time. I brought mine with me in our move.....I have to find mine now here too! Good luck!
  • goodman2559
    Options
    I too found in in my local grocery store (Giant).

Try it in plain greek yogurt. Also, I like dipping baby carrots in it after rehydrating it.
  • Marie294
    Options
    I like it mixed in plain yogurt, or re-hydrated with Jelly on some toast :)
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    I buy PB2 and Protein Peanut Flour from Netrition. They have great prices and standard shipping of $4.95 no matter how big or small your order is. I have always received my shipment in 3 business days (they ship UPS). It is much cheaper to buy the PB2 by the 1# bag.

I like the Protein Plus Peanut Flour because I get a few more grams of protein per serving.

PB2 - 2 T = 45 calories, 1.5 grams fat, 5 grams protein
    Protein Plus Peanut Flour - 2T = 55 calories, 2 grams fat, 8 grams protein

I like to dip my apples in the PB2 (dry) and use the Protein Peanut Flour in my smoothie/protein shakes. I also use both in my Greek yogurt and cottage cheese. I have also made protein bars with the Protein Plus Peanut Flour.

PB2 - http://www6.netrition.com/bell_plantation_pb2.html

Protein Plus Peanut Flour - http://www6.netrition.com/protein_plus_peanut_flour.html
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I prefer peanut flour, trader joes sells one. It is like pb2 but with no added sugar.
  • katiekrusher
    Options
    Peanut butter can never be "replaced". I like to call PB2 an alternative. Peanut butter is too good to give up. Though I love PB2...anything that tastes like peanut butter really..
  • deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    how do u turn PB2 into a regular peanut butter like consistency to use on bread?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Where can you buy PB2?

Whole Foods also carries it for about 5 bucks a jar.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have seen it in various grocery stores but only in larger cities. The commissary at Millington NAS carries it under $4 a jar. I have also found it on the PB2 website for about $4 each but had to buy several together to get that price.

I love the stuff. It is the "waste" product leftover from production of peanut oil. Add some water and fruit and yippee! A great post-run treat!
  • TR56
    Options
    how do u turn PB2 into a regular peanut butter like consistency to use on bread?

You actually just mix it with water. Add half the amount of water as powder and it's good to go.
  • TR56
    Options
    I'll have to try mixing it in yogurt. And that Peanut flour sounds interesting I'll have to check that out
  • cyndymar
    Options
    Yup love the stuff ahve 2 containers in my kitchen its heaven sent = )
  • cmje94066
    cmje94066 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started using pb2. Got it at Max muscle for only half the price that the website. Sells. This stuff taste like peanut butter and 45 calories!!!!! Who would have thought!!! Its great stuff
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love PB2! I drink a protein shake that is very similar to the one you posted and the PB2 makes it taste awesome. Although I love peanut butter I wasn't a huge eater of it before. Now that I've gotten PB2 I'm adding peanut butter to so many more recipes.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    thought I had bought some of this a year or so ago...found it yesterday in the pantry....now to put it to use!