Options
Hi everyone

weight: 152lbs
waist:33in
hips:38in
arm:12in
wrist:6.5in

mfp calorie estimate : 1200kcals

Im having major trouble losing weight without starving myself, im a stay at home mum to a 2yr old i do 30min shred and walking plus abs. I can burn fromk 200-500kcals a day which is no problem but what i eat is.

I eat pasta, rice, bread and oats mostly. I dont eat meat really nor dairy but lots of fruyit and veg.

Im having trouble planning meals and portion sizes as im not good at that. Need some ideas on what i can eat to help me lose weight as im failing each time which sends me straight to biscuits :(

Replies

• gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Your diet doesn't seem too colorful. Maybe you could try reducing everything that is white. Less white bread (or buscuits :smile: ), less pasta, less potatoes, less cake -- even chocolate cake is made with white flour, less white rice. Most white food is empty calories and high carb. Carbs are just another form of sugar.

To keep the humger at bay you need to increase your protien. Get it in fish, nuts, white meats, eggs. Try this: Have eggs and bacon for breakfast then see how long it takes you to get hungry again. Next day, have french toast or pancakes and check to see how long it takes you to get hungry again. Protien is your best friend when it comes to keeping humber at bay. Sugars and carbs keep the hunger pangs strong.

For your fruits and veggies, concentrate on the ones with high fiber. All fruits and veggies have carbs. A high fiber content mitigates the effect of the carbs. Remember, carbs are just another form of sugar.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Im having major trouble losing weight without starving myself, im a stay at home mum to a 2yr old i do 30min shred and walking plus abs. I can burn fromk 200-500kcals a day which is no problem but what i eat is.

I eat pasta, rice, bread and oats mostly. I dont eat meat really nor dairy but lots of fruyit and veg.

Im having trouble planning meals and portion sizes as im not good at that. Need some ideas on what i can eat to help me lose weight as im failing each time which sends me straight to biscuits :(

Use a measuring cup to serve yourself
    Try incorporating beans into your meals for more protein, as this is very important.
    beans and rice is actually pretty good. cannolinni beans is used in Italian meals, refried beans for mexican dishes and black beans go very well in salads. canned tuna for tuna sandwiches are also a great source of protein.

1200 cals is WAY too low for someone of that weight.

happy birthday!
  • jmhurley87
    Options
    I am trying to cut down on them items i mentioned but no luck lol.
    Im trying oats with water and honey of morning and it seems to fill me up for longer, but im stuck on lunch, that is my main problem
  • jmhurley87
    Options
    Hi everyone

Use a measuring cup to serve yourself
    Try incorporating beans into your meals for more protein, as this is very important.
    beans and rice is actually pretty good. cannolinni beans is used in Italian meals, refried beans for mexican dishes and black beans go very well in salads. canned tuna for tuna sandwiches are also a great source of protein.

1200 cals is WAY too low for someone of that weight.

happy birthday!

1200 is what mfp put me on lol,
  • jmhurley87
    Options
    also my bmr comes up as 1508.9
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    What got me to my goal weight was trying to get in 5 servings of fresh fruits and veggies and enough lean protein every day (1-1.5 times weight in kgs.) It takes some planning to make that happen. But it leaves less room for junk!
    I also think that 1200 cals is low. Consider bumping up to at least your BMR and eating back your exercise calories.
    It does little good to lose a bunch of weight eating few calories if you can't eat like that forever. When you start eating more, the weight will just come back. I'd much rather lose 0.5lb a week and take longer to reach my goal, but feel good and be able to maintain that over a lifetime.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I find that things to munch on usuallly helps with my snacking. Some lunch ideas that are quick and easy:-

Cup of soup, with ryvita type crackers, Fruit

Sliced apple with Ryvita and light spready cheese

Chopped friut with Greek yoghurt

Tortilla wrap (small) :- egg / salad / tuna/ use a low cal mayo as a spread instead of butter or marg.

Toast with cheese

potato salad with mayo dressing

Chopped melon in the fridge waiting is always handy to stop the munchies, or freeze bite sized portion for an iced looly effect.

My weight is slow in coming off, but I am sticking with it and at least its going in the right dire ction. My diary is open if it helps.