help me get a fitness model body on vegan diet !!!

Options
Ok so I know its possible to achieve my goals on a vegan diet, however I need help. Counting cals is great for losing weight but I'm clueless when it comes to eating for the fitness model look. I try to eat 6 meals aday combining protein with veggies and have my carbs in the am (my porridge) when I can afford it I take a protein shake 2x a day. Pls help if you have a set plan or know where I can find one. I found plenty of vegetarian but not vegan. Thank you

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest veganbodybuilding - it's a good source (I use is as a vege).

It's totally possible to get your protein - it just takes quite serious thought and planning. Good luck.

Try to hit two protein sources with every meal, if you can - lentils AND nuts. Quinoa with beans. Etc. Try to select more protein rich grains (e.g. rice has more protein than most carbs). Be aware the mfp database can be a bit hit an miss on how well it counts vege proteins - you may need to edit entries to make sure you're counting it properly.
  • faith519
    Options
    Oh and this: http://www.veganmuscleandfitness.com/
    I hope they help!
  • Genenecote
    Options
    No anima products is a good start. It is, however quite possible to be fat and unhealthy eating a vegan diet. Particularly if you eat low fat, non fat foods and processed meat substitutes.

Ilosing weight and getting a model body takes a little work...I am vegan and lost 25 lbs over 2 years ago not counting calories. I also went from a size 14 to a size 2 jeans. Here are my "tricks"

No sugar or sugar substitutes,

No low fat or fat free packaged foods

No soy

No processed foods.. If I buy any canned or packaged foods they only have 5 or less ingredients (all of whic I recognize and can pronounce)

Cut out all excitotoxins such as MSG, asparatame etc. see Russell Blaylocks video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bEh3_JBDErw

Used some oil but sparingly. Am careful to not mindlessly eat too many nuts

exercise 5 or 6 days a week for 20-30 minutes. walk, garden, swim. do light yoga or pilates for flexibility. I use 5-10 lbs weights in the winter when I am not gardening 2-3 times per week.

It took time and the real benefit was not weight, but how my body changed. I am not sure if this is ok, but I have recorded my journey, menus, recipes and info on my blog....www.downtoearthfare.com
  • 30Up
    30Up Posts: 5
    Options
    **bump**
  • laurenbrooke79
    laurenbrooke79 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bu