24lbs down in 10 weeks, 17lbs to go. PICS

Options
Hey all,

I'm 5ft 10

SW: 25th June 2012 - 181lbs
CW: 157lbs
GW: 140lbs

I love using MyFitnessPal! I love being able to track my calories and exercise so closely, plus there's so much information on here, I've learnt so much. Most of all though the support is amazing - I couldn't have got this far without you all.

Can't wait to get the other 17lbs off!!!
(Caption on pic should say 17lbs to go - bad maths!)

p226b.jpg

103hro5.jpg

Replies

• texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Doing great!
  • skinnydreams74
    Options
    That's awesome and so motivating! Congrats on your progress you are doing GREAT!
  • skinnyskittles
    Options
    u look super sexy !
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    holy crap!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!! :)
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    so great !!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bluebottle1980
    Options
    well fair play.... thats fantastic.... you look amazing.... mine is very slow but sure i'll keep going... what kind of exercise you doing...
    :smile:
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Whoa!!! You are doing fabulous! My Fitness Pal soooooo rocks!!!

Samantha
  • Mz_AnGeLic
    Options
    Great job, congrats!!!
  • Dreamer1311
    Dreamer1311 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Looking great. How many calories do you eat per day?
  • SophieMFP
    SophieMFP Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I'm generally sticking to 1200 calories (every now and again I go a little over - I don't stress about it).
    If I've worked out, sometimes I'll eat back my exercise cals, sometimes I won't. It depends on whether I'm hungry or not. Usually I don't eat them back, but I NEVER starve myself.

What's important to me is that I'm eating the right foods 90% of the time, as I started this journey wanting to be healthier, not just skinnier. I've cut take-outs right out, I'm not eating white bread, pasta or rice (I've switched to the wholegrain versions but even those I only eat a couple of times a week, along with potato which I generally try to avoid). I eat LOTS of vegetables, quite a bit of fruit, high fibre cereals for breakfast, lots of turkey, chicken and fish. I've only drank alcohol once in the last 10 weeks. I'm having a treat (something sweet like a cream scone, piece of chocolate cake, carrot cake, chocolate bar, or pick'n'mix) probably twice a week and when I have these treats I have much smaller portions than I would have had before and I TRY to stay within my calorie limit.

Exercise - I've not been well for the last few weeks, so although my eating habits have stayed pretty much the same throughout the 10 weeks, my exercise levels have changed.

First 4 weeks - lost 14lbs. Burning somewhere between 600 - 800 calories, 6 days a week, through cycling, swimming, cardio at the gym and a little bit of strength training (weights at the gym).

Last 6 weeks (when I've been poorly) - lost 10lbs. Very little exercise probably burning 600-800 calories per week from the odd bike ride.

I'm a lot better now and so will be getting back to exercising, cycling 40-80 minutes 5 days per week, cardio at the gym 2-3 times per week, strength training at the gym 2-3 times per week.

I hope that helps any newbies out there. Please feel free at add me/view my diary.

Thanks again for your support everyone :-) xx
  • titanium2012
    Options
    Thanks. Reading this is really motivational for me. Even though I started off 14lbs heavier than you, I'm looking to do something similar over the next couple of months. I'm gonna add you.

How did you do the no alcohol for 10 weeks? I'm only on week 2 of no drinking and I'm thinking it's going to be impossible to make it that far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!