hi from down under!

Options
Hi everyone!
I've been on MFP for a while now but thought I'd properly introduce myself. I'm from the southern hemisphere, I'm a university student, and I'm trying to lose weight to get into a bikini by the 1 December.
So far, I've lost 3kg (6.6lb) from working my *kitten* off at the gym 5-6x a week. I have also lost 6cm from my bust, 8cm from waist and 10cm from hips (or something like that, they measured me at the gym and I can't remember exactly!)

My current weight is 73.1 kg (161.1lb) and goal weight is 145 lb (66 kg). I'm 172 cm or ~5'7

I love food and am notorious for snacking - which is why I thought MFP would help be, by making me realise that EVERYTHING I put into my mouth adds up!

Everyone here seems really encouraging and full of fantastic advice. I can't wait to put up my success photos on 1 December.

Nice meeting y'all :)

Replies

• michellej94
    Options
    Hi! I am also from 'down under'! It's great to hear of your success! I've only recently started using this app and would love to be friends! (:
  • BrennyG
    Options
    Im also from 'down under'.....but right up north.....lol. Nice to meet you! :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm up in the north also. Nice to meet you all!
  • aussiestargazer
    aussiestargazer Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Likewise from down under in country NSW - this is a great app - nice to make contact!
  • dajana_puter
    Options
    Hello there,

I"m from QLD, Brisbane. I signed up a while ago but didn't actively look for friends. Hope I can have a few of your as friends.

My name is Di and I put on weight over the last number of years, but I really slamed on the accelerator when I lost my job in Feb 2012.

I'm 1.65m and weight 69kg - way too much for my height. My great weight with loads of energy was 56kg.
    On top of that I'm not feeling well either -- not much energy. I hope I can have a few of you on my friends list to cheer me on, give me advice. And I'm here to do the same for you.

I feel like I'm me in some else's body. Not cool.
    2-3 years ago I saw doctors and diet/ nutrition professionals. In my case they were useless.

Sending you all lots of hugs and maybe we can chat/exchange ideas soon.

Di
  • loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options
    Well, just to add to the global mix, not to mention the estrogen overload so far; hello from Texas, USA. 8^)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    LOL! Hello Texas. Yes where are all the Aussie guys?
  • neetneetneets
    neetneetneets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm really amazed at what a wonderful community this is - for once I feel like I'm not the only one in the world trying to lose weight (which has pretty much always been the case - me being the 'fat' friend). And it's also great to know that there are a few more Down Under residents on here than I thought. (Except I'm probably the most 'under' than all of ya!)
  • natbeach
    Options
    Hey guys - Im living in brisbane, tis nice to have more people on the friends list functioning on a normal time zone!!
    Feel free to add me, love the support.
    Happy monday (ugh) :D
  • soaringlikeaneagle70
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am from N.S.W. Nice people on here. Very encouraging.:smile:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Howdy, an expat Pom happily living on the outskirts of Brisbane here.

The timezone feels normal to me :)

Nice day too, I reckon a coastal walk is in order ...
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    From Auckland, does that make me the most down under .. ?
    I love it on here - keeps me so motivated and on track!
    Welcome!
  • philweingott
    Options
    Know a few people in Melbourne who are on this!
  • GRH25
    GRH25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello other aussies! (and northern hemisphere people :-) )

I am also from Brisbane, been using MFP for about 4 months, but haven't used the message boards as yet. But the forums do provide some good pointers!

Got fed up earlier this year with my weight, and decided not to accept it any longer and DO SOMETHING about it. Unlike other brief moments of motivation, I've found that this time I'm constantly encouraged and (almost!) excited about learning everything I can about nutrition and my health. I decided to be very honest with my friends and family about how unhappy I am about my weight and how I plan to make changes. Putting it all out there has helped I think!

Starting weight end of May was 108kg, (238lb) current weight is 97.5kg (213lb). So I'm slowly getting there :-)

Good luck everyone with your goals! And likewise - add me or vice versa.
    Cheers
    G
  • Leahsz
    Options
    Hi there I'm from NSW - we have very similar goals! I am 174cm tall 69.5kg (have lost 2 kg since joining MFP). My goal is around 65kg (see how I feel when I get close). Welcome!