NSV - first 5k completed!

Options
In Summer 2010 I was housebound due to a severely underactive thyroid and could barely walk. This morning I completed my first 5k with my best friend! Neither of us had even attempted to run before 6 weeks ago and this morning we completed the 5k in 38:41. Not the fastest time ever but I am so proud of us both - we were hoping to get under the 45 minute mark so I'm really happy. My friend is undergoing a weight loss journey of her own too and is doing brilliantly :)

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is so great!! :happy:
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!

I did a 5K obstacle course mud run with a friend a few weeks ago and we are on a similar journey with weight loss and getting fit. It was so awesome to complete it and to have someone with me as well. We are doing another, longer one, at the end of September because we enjoyed this first one so much!

Keep it up and good luck to you!
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good job. :)
  • mparr125
    Options
    AWESOME. Congrats!
  • BarbACona
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!! SUPER JOB :)
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! !!! Great accomplishment! !! I am running my first 5k Saturday. I walked one in the spring, this is my first run. Hope I am successful like you! !
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant! Well done!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you. That is a fabulous time! WTG!!! Now schedule your next one. Having an upcoming event is a great motivator.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    YaY! I'm working on that right now...How did you feel when you finished? I'll bet it was better than chocolate cake!
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Having an upcoming event is a great motivator.

so so true!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!