Looking for support and to support

Options
Hi guys I joined this yesterday and I am already really impressed with this site!

My name is Pemma, I live in Scotland, I have a desk job but love pushing myself physically when I'm not working. Or at least I used to... Damaged a tendon in my left pectoral whilst either boxing or most probably kettle bell training and have let the training slide. I'm looking to get back into exercise and healthy eating. I have a problem with excess however and trying to find the best way to get back into shape without going overboard (or hitting a plateau, throwing my hands up in the air and binging on yumyums for a week) is very difficult so I really hope this works.

At the moment I weigh just under 10 stone and am 5'6. I have an hourglass/top heavy figure so used to being a curvy girl. My weight will attribute to muscle as I have retained *some* from training. Aiming to look better more than to lose weight. I couldn't care less if I was 12 stone, just as long as I am toned. Have put my goal at around 8 stone anyway.

I haven't invited any of my 'real' friends or family on here as I used to have an ED and I think they would try to prevent me or try to analyse/control me too much.

So I'm just saying hi, looking to support and be supported. And just chat about random things too!

I love:
Dogs
Horses
Muay Thai
Writing
Photography
Cooking
Buddhism
That high after a grueling session

I don't love so much:
Down days
Being unable to do the best I can do
People with no manners
Hangovers
Grapefruit

Thanks for reading, I'm off to try and not raid the fridge...
Px

Replies

• gpoliver
    gpoliver Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    and I loved reading your post! so hello and welcome. This site is awesome! I have been on it for 20 days and love it. I am a chunky little monkey and have a significant amount of weight to lose so my trainer gave me this site as a tool to use. I live in the United States, California to be exact, and just have a few questions... what is a stone equivalent to? and why would snacking on yum yums for a week be bad? hmmm guess I still have a lot to learn! Feel free to add me as a friend!

Glenna
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hello there

Feel free to add me.

It's lovely having the support and also giving support to others

Stacey x
  • LadyAlston
    Options
    Hi Pemma. I'm Nick, feel free to add me as a friend too! It's so much easier to achieve goals when we have support!
  • chanixxx
    Options
    Hi Pemma! :) welcome :)
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a wonderful site. I was directed here by our health fair folks. Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • jbuirch
    Options
    I just found this site as well would love to have some support
  • Full4Life
    Full4Life Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love dogs too! Especially my 27kg pit bull - the best fitness trainer I've ever had!
    But honestly, what have you got against grapefruit? They never did anything to hurt you, did they? :noway:
  • CaLaurie
    Options
    Welcome Pemma! Feel free to add me!
  • Pema91
    Options
    I love dogs too! Especially my 27kg pit bull - the best fitness trainer I've ever had!
    But honestly, what have you got against grapefruit? They never did anything to hurt you, did they? :noway:

:laugh: Yes, I had a bad childhood experience! Lol no I don't know, I have never been picky - I can eat anything and everything but just not grapefruit!!

Thanks everyone for your support, sorry it's taken so long to reply - I thought mfp would notify me when I had posts on my thread :)
    Consider yourself 'friended' and I hope to help all of you in reaching your goals!

P :)
  • Pema91
    Options
    and I loved reading your post! so hello and welcome. This site is awesome! I have been on it for 20 days and love it. I am a chunky little monkey and have a significant amount of weight to lose so my trainer gave me this site as a tool to use. I live in the United States, California to be exact, and just have a few questions... what is a stone equivalent to? and why would snacking on yum yums for a week be bad? hmmm guess I still have a lot to learn! Feel free to add me as a friend!

Glenna
    And hello Glenna! A stone is something like 14 lbs or 6kg I think... There is nothing wrong with yum yums but I think my belly may go outwards rather than back in (which is the plan) ;)
  • c2h5m8h6
    c2h5m8h6 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    helo and welcome this site is awsome dont know how i would have lost any weight without it im from the midlands 26 stay at home mum finding it very hard to lose my baby weight feel free to add me or support :smile: