Friendly girl looking for support need to lose 21lbs!

Options
Hi all my name is Candice, I'm a 28 year old woman with a 3 year old son. I went through a really bad divorce a few months ago, and gained a lot of the weight I lost back. I've been on a weight loss mission for most of my adult life...I reached my goal of 135lbs from 165 in 2011 but after my divorce I gained some back and am currently 155lbs on a 5'5" frame. I'd like to get back down to 135.

I'm silly, friendly, and I will give you all of my support. Looking for motivating like minded individuals! :happy:

Replies

• Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome to this amazing forum ;)

feel free to add me, :bigsmile:
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi, Candice! Our situations are a bit different, as I'm 20 with no kids, but I gained my weight from work anxiety. Welcome~!

Anyway, I never check out the introductions forum, but you and I are about the same weight and have the same goals, so I thought I'd say hi. ^u^. Oh, and we're apparently the same height, too!
  • scottg1024
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!! Feel free to add me - my diary is open and I'm on every day. I keep my friends list very small so I can be supportive to my friends daily. You'll love this place.
  • Rinflozeu
    Rinflozeu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this amazing community!!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Well hi there. A bit about me I suppose?

My name is Jacki, I'm 37 & a mother of a 19yo boy. ...... sorry MAN. Married to my wonderful sometimes not so great 44yo husband (who just joined here yesterday).
    I was skinny all my life till I had my son, I let myself go a little after that & when I met & married hubby I really let myself go. I put on so much weight that after almost 20 years of holding that weight my back started giving way.
    So I began trying to lose weight last year, and failed because I was only doing exercise every so often & then for about 10 mins or so.

I started really trying in Feb this year, and was determined to get things right this time. I don't take rest days, cheat days & I am very very hard on myself when I don't feel I have worked out hard enough or I have eaten the wrong things. I currently have a nice broken toe that I did yesterday & even that has not stopped me. As a result I have lost 56lbs in 6 months, gone down from a size 20-22 to a nice 12-14. I can now fit into my son's clothing & am only 3kg heavier than he is (and he is skinny skinny) so I am thrilled.

I'm always silly, 100% shy, but a great listener. :-)
  • Lenuska27
    Lenuska27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Candice!!

I'm 26 and I' actually trying to lose 17 lbs. I'm new here too. Feel free to add me if you want, so we can support each other ;)
  • kathendo1984
    Options
    hello and welcome. Im 28 and have got 24lbs to loose for my wedding next year. im quite a positive happy individual :) feel free to add me people. xx
  • djbbizbroker
    Options
    I'm looking to drop 21 lbs more, so feel free to add me for support.
  • carlydevi
    carlydevi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

sounds a little similar to me actually. And my son is 3, too. :D Nice to meet you. :)
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    you can add me
  • pearlyjo
    pearlyjo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    welcome !
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    welcome back to MFP, sorry to hear about the divorce, thats not easy and especially with a child. anyways you can add me if you want, on here everyday.