Morning, noon, or night?

Options
Hey folks! So I've read numerous articles about the time of day to workout/exersice and the science behind it but I still think it boils down to personal prefence.

What are your preferred times to workout/exersice and why?

Replies

• NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Whenever I can fit it into my schedule so it varies. I usually have more time at night though, being nocturnal and all ;)
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    7pm 3x a week... Although im going to try and fit some exercise in during day
  • jencooks
    jencooks Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    5:20am. I wake up, pee, fill up my water and go right into the living room and press play(P90). I'm too busy with work, kids, and life the rest of the day. I hate getting out of bed, but once I'm up, I'm fine. I have WAYYYYYYY more energy during the day than I used to.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Hey folks! So I've read numerous articles about the time of day to workout/exersice and the science behind it but I still think it boils down to personal prefence.

What are your preferred times to workout/exersice and why?

And you would be correct sir. Workout when it best fits your agenda, period.

For me, that's AM.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    5 am for running, 7.30 pm for anything else. Work interferes way to much with my preferences, if I was still a student it would be late morning or late afternoon.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Combination of night, like 2am and early morning 8am. I work graveyard shift 11pm-7am including weekends. During the week I'll hit gym after I get off work at 8am. On the weekends it's rarely busy at my job so I'll go outside and walk/jog for 30-40 mins.
  • Pinwheels
    Options
    I was always an evening exerciser up until I started a morning bootcamp 3 months ago. Since having started, I think I've definitely been converted to an AM exerciser! I have so much more energy during my workouts and its great to have my workout out of the way so that if I get stuck at work I don't miss out. My bootcamp requires I get up at 5:15 which I can't stand but once I'm there and I've done it I love it!
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey all great answers! I'm really a morning person and I feel so much better throughout the day if I start it off in the gym. I used to work graveyard shifts and it through my whole schedule off.

For the people who like morning workouts do you eat first?