Fitbit

Options
Has anyone purchased a Fitbit.....I got mine last night and I am loving it!!!

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Someone gave me the older version in December. It's fun.
  • ablissabby
    ablissabby Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just connected mine and did my first workout so I'm seeing what it's going to do now!
  • dmmsquared
    Options
    Got mine a couple days ago and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it... Especially like how it tracks my sleep patterns and the fact that it connects to MFP is so cool! Worth every penny.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Yes it is a fun device to help me out :) I love mine and don't leave home without it!
  • Lovelybirdxx
    Lovelybirdxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have one. I love it. It helps me keep track of how my day is going calorie wise and what not. I wish it had a HRM but i will just have to get that as well.
  • kimmireads
    kimmireads Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My daughter just got one for an early birthday present. I'm excited to find more out about it to determine whether I should save for one.
  • navinator24
    navinator24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    got mine last week and I solutely love it. The sleep tracking aspect is really cool, but the actual pedometer is super accurate! I highly suggest it. I got mine on Amazon because it was $12 cheaper than the fitbit site lol.
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options
    LoVe my fitbit. Never leave home without it. So... Did you leave your stride length and running stride length at 0, or did you set yours. If you set yours, how tall are you and what did you set it at? Curious. I just reset mine to 0 because I cannot seem to get mine right.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since April and really like it. I don't bother tracking sleep very often though, it's always been about the same at 95% when I have so I don't feel the need to be wearing it at night now. Just be careful to check it before and after car journeys though because it can rack up extra flights and steps that you will need to overwrite online.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I love it but be careful I'm on my 3rd. not waterproof at all.... killed mine with sweat and then another in the rain. best to wear it on your top. you get sweaty on your bra if you exercise hard... always have somewhere safe to put it if you may get drenched in the rain x
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    I got mine a few days ago and it is absolutly brilliant! I am always wearing it. I totally love that it syncs with MFP amd the sleep tracking is fantastic. Defo worth every penny :)
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it! I wear it all the time. Using the fitbit allows me to see how active I am when not working out and adjust my allowable calories accordingly each day. I track exercise using a HRM, but use the fitbit for everything else.
  • dragonladywendy
    Options
    Good advice Zara, didn't realise it was that sensitive.

Love mine and always have it on. However, it's no good for gym excercises as it doesn't recognise step machines or cross trainers or excertion. HRM are best for gym work and swimming. Then if you update any HRM exercises, log them on MFP and it overrides the fitbit site, but don't then adjust that site too, as you'll end up doubling up calories burnt.

Try Amazon for HRM, mine was £30.

Have fun with all the graphs :smile:
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options
    The Danskin tanktop at Walmart have a little pocket on the shoulder that is perfect for the fitbit. Keeps it safe and dry and they're under 10 bucks and a built in bra!
  • Beleg
    Beleg Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for 8 weeks and love it.
  • steve_crowther
    steve_crowther Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't be without mine now. Don't use it to track sleep, but it really does make me move more. I like the excitement of seeing how many more calories it gives me on MFP.
    Good luck with it.

Steve
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've got mine a week or 3 now. I'm surprised that every single day I get a higher activity level than I thought, and burn loads more calories than I ever expected.
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Love mine.

There is a group for those who use them with tips and advice etc
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I hate it; it makes me move and keeps me accountable. I look at the numbers and if the steps or stairs are not within the goal I have set for myself, I take a walk to get them there.
    I have been able to track my estimated sleep time and times awaken and take this data for later studies.
    It has make me push myself to reach that next badge {come-on I want that 150 flights of stairs within a day badge}.
    After reading a very interesting story I have used others FitBits sleep tracking data to narrow down times of incidents.
  • Ninja_Knitty
    Options
    Love more people to challenge me on fitbit. Find me on fitbit at hessteria@msn.com.