65 pounds lost-303 to 237 with pictures

Options
You all know how it goes---you lose some weight but still feel like a whale. Then people say, "But you have lost sooo much!" So you decide to get out old photos and DAMN! You realize you have lost a ton. Yes, I still have a ways to go. My goal is to be 150. But here are some photos to share with you. This CAN be done! I started MFP March 1 with the goal of 1680 cals a day. I began to incorporate exercise into my plan mid-April. Now I do a combination of strength training and cardio, mostly circuit training about 5-6 days a week. I have been doing THAT since mid-May. My calorie goal the last three months has been 1500. Weight loss has slowed down but I am attributing that to my work on building muscle and taking protein shakes after intense workouts. I take no diet pills. I am 28 years old and 5'7". I started at a size 26 pant/3x and currently wear a 20/XL. In shirts I was wearing 26/3x and now wear XL.

These first photos were taken at a wedding on 2/14/12. I was about 303 at the time. I joined MFP March 1.

IMG_09111.jpg

IMG_09121.jpg

These photos were taken today, 9/2/12, 6 months in to my journey. I weigh 237.

IMG_09192.jpg

IMG_09171.jpg

My problem areas are the backs of my arms, my belly, and my back. I have a lot of stored fat in those areas. They make me very self conscious. Any suggestions to tackle those areas would help.

Thanks and hope this motivates some of you!

Replies

• kandijo0306
    kandijo0306 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • shana_phoenix83
    shana_phoenix83 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great work... you look great!
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing woman. You have lost a lot in such a small amount of time! I too have the belly, back of arm and back issues. Instead of one huge fat roll here and there, there are more smaller rolls :( I don't know if it's anymore attractive lol
  • KittyPulse
    Options
    Wow!!!! That's incredible!!! You look amazingly different!!!! Keep it Up!!! Whatever you are doing is working so well!!!! Again.. WOW!!!! :)
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congatulations!!! You look awesome!!!!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Fantastic and inspirational!!!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    You have lost a lot and look awesome! I have the same issues, arms, back, belly. My butt and thighs look awesome, but my belly and arms, YUCK... My only advice is to not give up =)
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, start using weights...woman think if they heavy lift they'll bulk up...not true...we need to use those weights too!!!
  • daisychain177
    daisychain177 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look amazing well done x and have you tried the 30 day shred have seen some fab before and after pics I started it yesterday so cannot say fro. Personal experience

Good luck with the rest of your journey x
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    congrats you look great! great job so far, sorry i don't have any suggestions to help you target those areas... seems like you are doing the right things at the moment
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, you look great!
  • catmaus
    Options
    Great Job!!! You look wonderful! I weight about what you do now. I am struggling to keep on track but will make sure I use your inspiration. If you lost this much already I can lose my 100 in a year. My goal weight is 140. Thanks for the motivation.
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment in such a short time, be proud!!!! As far as your journey, I'd say, whatever you're doing, keep it up. I started out by walking and then kept increasing exercising, it definitely helps tone you up. Also, get some videos or Wii tapes of dance or exercise and do those at home. I hate going to gyms, etc....so self conscious!! Best wishes!!
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    awesome job keep it up!:smile:
  • conure2
    conure2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very Inspiring!
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    Terrific job!!
  • RainbowPride06
    Options
    This is truly amazing! Keep up the good work! I hope I can do this!

My starting weight was 230, I'm now down to 220, but my goal weight is 135-140.

I started losing weight about two months ago. I hope I can be as amazing as you! :)
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal! First, let me say that there is a HUGE difference between your first pictures and your second ones. In have done this in a short amount of time.

Second, please be patience with yourself. What you have done in such a short amount of time is extraordinary.

Finally, I am not sure if you can do a push up. I cannot. So, what I do is wall push ups. They help with the areas you are talking about.

Once again, well done!! :flowerforyou:
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! You have really transformed!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!