Meditation as a Motivational Tool

Options
Hi Friends,

Part of what I do in my career as a presenter is I create and share meditation exercises in my workshops. Even though the audience is usually experiencing this with soothing angelic music playing in the background, eyes closed and hearing the words being spoken to them - I believe many of you may still benefit from simply reading the words and allowing yourself to focus on the experience.

I love using meditation! For those of you who enjoy meditation as well - I created a "Guided Meditation" to share with you today! I hope you enjoy!

Begin breathing and relaxing.

Now picture yourself in a beautiful meadow, surrounded by trees, with brightly colored flowers all around. The grass is a lush green, and comes up to your ankles.

As you make your way across the meadow, you see something at the far edge, next to the trees.

As you come closer, you realize that it is a wishing well! An old-fashioned, magical wishing well, with a pitched roof, a round base made from stones, and a rope suspended down into the depths of the well.

As you start turning the crank handle to pull up the bucket on the end of the rope, you hear the creaking and banging as it swings from side to side as it makes its way to the top. When it gets to the top, you set the bucket on the side of the stone base, and look inside where you see an envelope with your name on the front!

You take out the envelope and prepare to open it, knowing that when you do, it will have a picture of you at your healthy weight.

Open the envelope now, and look at the picture from your subconscious.

As you gaze upon the picture, other images, words and phrases come rushing to your mind to help in the feeling as you experience your self as this person. Welcome to who you really are.

Know that you will easily be able to recall this image of who you really are when needed throughout your day, however that may be.

Before you leave, you thank the wishing well for its gift, lower the bucket back down for the next person, and start back across the meadow.

As you near the edge of the meadow where you began, slowly bring your attention back to the moment. Breathe more deeply. Stretch, begin to move your arms and legs, and take a moment in gratitude, knowing you may experience this vision of you at a healthy weight, living your life as you were meant to live any time you choose throughout your day.

Blessings, Lisa

Replies

• BeeBlueHeron
    Options
    Love it, Lisa! Guided meditation is so useful. I led women's retreat for eight years in New Hampshire, and the guided meditations helped so many women really get in touch with themselves and the present moment (something so easy for us to forget!). Thank you!
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!