Decorating Help PLEASE!!! (w/ pics)

Options
ThePhoenixRose
ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
My daughter is 6 and for her birthday, we decided to re-do her room for her. She'll have a black wrought iron-look queen sized canopy bed. She picked out this comforter.

12759038_120605035425.jpg

She likes these colors for her walls. Or some sort of lime green and pink at least.

4561196534_9b1b4921da.jpg
Pink-Bedroom-Color.jpg

I'm trying to decide on what we should hang from the canopy bed. Sheers? Bright-colored ribbons and/or rick-rack? Bead "curtains"? I'm also trying to decide if we should do a few walls one color, and the other walls the other color, or if we should do a stripe or color block type idea. Any suggestions? Pics would be REALLY helpful! I've been scouring Pinterest for ideas, but can't find much... Thanks!!!

Replies

• TauTheBull
    Options
    I like having each wall a different colour its how my former room used to be.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    What does she like?

Maybe incorporate some lovely themed decals? Paint the walls different colors?

some-ideas-about-girls-wall-stickers-10.jpg

princess-wall-murals-bedroom

Elegant-white-liliac-baby-girl-room-ideas-2-e1341765912965.jpg

9.5.11-pink-classic-baby-nursery.jpg
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    Some more ideas.

wallpaper-baby-nursery-room-1.jpg

Mirror-Door-Chest-300x300.jpg

rms_parisian-green-bedroom_s4x3_lg.jpg

96-000011090-5d4e_orh550w550_princess-bedroom-traditional-25-beautiful-homes1.jpg

small-girls-bedroom-design-2.jpg?w=500
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    How about letting your daughter be creative and make the decisions. If she makes the decisions she will love it all the more.
  • raven3lise
    raven3lise Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think bead curtains are super tacky, plus they'll break easy the moment they get tangled. Sheer drapes are a better way to go, I think. I don't have pics, usually my ideas are off the top of my head. Why not the top half of the room some kind of hot pink, then a black stripe about 2/3 down (to match the iron bed), then the rest a lime green?
  • solamentemama
    Options
    Do a search for lime green, pink and turquoise girl room pics. There are lots of great pictures and ideas. Good luck! Post pictures of your final product. Would love to see how it comes out.