how did I let this happen?

Options
I am recovering from a leg injury and managed to gain 10 lbs in one month!! Of course, over the past few years I have managed to gain much more than that. I know the drill: eat responsibly and exercise. However, knowing and doing are two separate things. I am now at the point where it MUST STOP!!

Here's to healthy eating and exercising.

Replies

• hina2584
    hina2584 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    tis the same ques. i asked myself when i accidentaly stepped on weighing machine .....but anyways to go on and on is life......... cheers for tryin and tryin...............
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    You're doing the right thing: you've joined a site where you can make concrete your intentions.

I'm in a somewhat similar situation: In February, I injured my ankle doing a stupid exercise suggested by the maker of a piece of equipment I own. Worst injury of my life save my back, which required surgery. I knew I had to keep track of my eating or I might balloon up. I can't believe how long it's taking my ankle to recover.

Good luck with your recovery.
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    That's the same thing I asked myself when I first realized I'd gained 77 pounds. Well, I know EXACTLY how it happened, but it was still a weird sort of shock. The good thing is we're here now and ready to kick butt. Primarily our own, but you know what I mean. :D

Good luck!
  • ElliieMental
    Options
    I've been going round and round the diet merry go round for years now. Truth is until you really find motivation (being thin or healthy is rarely enough) then you will struggle.

It has to be the fear of getting in to a wedding dress or some kind of financial prize for me personally.

Currently my friend at work and I are weighing in every friday and paying £5 that we would normally pay a slimming club, only it goes into a jar. In 15 weeks if we havent met our target of 14kgs lot then we are going to give all the money to charity. If we do meet our target we are going ot buy ourselves a lovely dress for the xmas ball.

It's the first time in ages I've felt able to say no to stuff despite HATING being fat and unhealthy.

I hope you find what works for you and make a speedy recovery x
  • hondated
    Options
    You're doing the right thing: you've joined a site where you can make concrete your intentions.

I'm in a somewhat similar situation: In February, I injured my ankle doing a stupid exercise suggested by the maker of a piece of equipment I own. Worst injury of my life save my back, which required surgery. I knew I had to keep track of my eating or I might balloon up. I can't believe how long it's taking my ankle to recover.

Totally sympathise as I injured my PF over a year ago and I have not been able to runduring all that time. I have cycled to try and compensate but no where near enoughto control my weight.
    Thankfully this site was mentioned in Cycling Weekly so hopefully I can begin on the road to recovery.Just detailing what I have eaten today as made me realise that I need to get far less, so that is helpful.

Good luck to everyone who is setting off on their quest or have been for some time to lose weight.
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    recovery is tough but it seems to take longer when I'm bigger good luck on your voyage to health
  • Rob_Knitwit01
    Options

sorry to hear about your injury. Wow, back in January and still recovering. Here's hoping you get to 100% soon.
  • zephylis
    Options
    Injury and illness can lead to water retention too, I don't know about your situation but I was sick recently and gained 5lbs in 3 days from eating NOTHING. It is suppose to all go away though.
  • Rob_Knitwit01
    Options
    That's the same thing I asked myself when I first realized I'd gained 77 pounds. Well, I know EXACTLY how it happened, but it was still a weird sort of shock. The good thing is we're here now and ready to kick butt. Primarily our own, but you know what I mean. :D

Good luck!

I know those Milky ways bars helped me to get here. I just gotta figure out how to keep them from find their way into my mouth!! Here's to kicking butt!
  • Rob_Knitwit01
    Options
    I've been going round and round the diet merry go round for years now. Truth is until you really find motivation (being thin or healthy is rarely enough) then you will struggle.

It has to be the fear of getting in to a wedding dress or some kind of financial prize for me personally.

Currently my friend at work and I are weighing in every friday and paying £5 that we would normally pay a slimming club, only it goes into a jar. In 15 weeks if we havent met our target of 14kgs lot then we are going to give all the money to charity. If we do meet our target we are going ot buy ourselves a lovely dress for the xmas ball.

It's the first time in ages I've felt able to say no to stuff despite HATING being fat and unhealthy.

I managed to attain my goal weight about 5 years ago and it was for a major life event (my daughter's wedding). Ever since then the motivation level has been slowly dropping. I want to grow old gracefully. I want to be healthy. Good luck with your competition at work. You can do it!!
  • Rob_Knitwit01
    Options
    Injury and illness can lead to water retention too, I don't know about your situation but I was sick recently and gained 5lbs in 3 days from eating NOTHING. It is suppose to all go away though.

I hope you are feeling well now. Part of my problem is I am still eating as if I am being active. I sprained the ankle and pulled some ligaments in my knee. Physical therapy is helping some but still have a ways to go.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    What's important is that you start now. Good luck!
  • ElliieMental
    Options

I managed to attain my goal weight about 5 years ago and it was for a major life event (my daughter's wedding). Ever since then the motivation level has been slowly dropping. I want to grow old gracefully. I want to be healthy. Good luck with your competition at work. You can do it!!

So can you! Maybe it's time to plan a major life event just for the sake of motivation? :o)