Question about Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and calories.

Options
Hey newbie here to the forums!

I've heard alot of good things about the 30 day shred and wanted to start it for the month of September. I know there are alot of different factors that would make a difference in the amount of calories burned but how many calories would you guys estimate this program would burn for a 5'8", 208lbs female that is starting on level one. And for later, level 2 and 3?

Thanks!

Replies

• damaskangel
    Options
    On MFP just add 20 mins as Circuit Training. Since you already have entered your weight and height it would come up just about the amount of calories you will lose doing the 30 Day Shred. Hope this helps. Have a nice day. :D
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I always added as circuit training too. Or you could get a heart rate monitor for a more accurate reading.

It is a good work out, I've been doing some running lately but am going to break it up with some 30 day shred again :o)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    It really depends on age/weight/fitness level etc. but I did a quick search on google and it seems most people burn about 200-250 cals for each level. I put it in as 20 minutes of circuit training for a burn of 202, but I ordered a HRM online so when it gets here I'll let you know what it says for me (if it's even close to what MFP thinks!). I finished 30 Day Shred and just started Ripped in 30 on Sept. 1. Love Jillian!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Same height and weight as OP - my HRM says I burn 190 on level 1 - haven't gotten to the other levels yet.
  • devans25
    devans25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!! Yea i just wanted to get in the ball park of how much i would burn. I am also thinking about investing into a HRM!