60lbs to lose - Should I weigh in or measure?

Options
Hi Guys.

I using MFP to track my weight loss and for just general support. I am very committed to this as I started 2 weeks ago. I have no idea how much I weigh but I think its over 200lbs -

Could anyone suggest exercise programs to help me that I can do at home?

Also it measuring your body better than weighing in?

Please add me as any support will be great :)

xx

Replies

• kaj44
    kaj44 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    HI............................I have always been told that it is best to measure, since as you work out you gain muscle, but loose the fat, which means you loose inches, but not weight necessarily. I hope this helps! Keep it up! Tenacity! :smile:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity, and I'm loving the pain so far, but I measured AND weighed before I started, and I plan to do that every two weeks. Weight fluctuates, and muscle weighs more than fat, so the scale can be discouraging if you don't have inches to point to as you lose.

Sometimes people lose a lot of body mass without seeing much change in the numbers on the scale, but starting out with 60 lbs to lose, you will probably see good progress on the scale. Good luck, you can do it!
  • LadyBletcher
    LadyBletcher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started on MFP and I'm doing both weigh in and measuring, I started walking for 30 min every morning, but I'm joining the YMCA next week. Starting to walk is always the easiest to do. It seems hard at first if you haven't done anything in a while, but do it you deserve it!
    Blessings
    Lady B
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Do both.
    Log your food.
    Buy a scale.

Good luck, tons of info on this site. The search feature is your best friend.
  • hayleyeggleton
    Options
    Thanks guys!! This is very useful

I think both will be good - at least one have to get smaller :)

God luck xx
  • Jipsymuse
    Options
    I feel for you. I weigh 210 lbs. I just started on here on Sept. 1st. I think the fact that we have to log all of our food is going to help me a lot. I am going to try to walk on my treadmill 30 minutes a day. For exercise to do at home you might try youtube. You can find lots of home based workout to follow on there. I think you should weigh and measure that way you can see results of both. You might not lose but tone up and see a difference. Jipsymuse
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Use both as a guide because one day you might be down a few pounds and show no loss in inches, another day you may be up on the scale but have gone down in inches.