3 meals a day

Options
Has anyone lost weight eating 3 meals a day and no eating between meals?

Replies

• shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    The nutricianist told me to eat only three meals and only 1400 calories. She;s whack! I tried and not only was I hungry, ready to eat my arm off, but I was gaining two to three pounds a week. I increased my calories according to how much exercise, but on days I only walk the dog for 40 minures, I eat 1700-1900 calories split between three meals and three snacks. I even eat an hour before bed. I eat less as the day goes on so my bedtime snack is usually only a couple tablespoons, but I can't eat only three times a day.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I eat under 500 calories per meal and I eat like two or three snacks in between. I think that's why I never feel hungry. I literally keep my body happy. :) I bet if you try to break it up into five mini meals, you'd see a difference.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is irrelevant. Some people prefer one meal a day and lose just fine. I eat every few hours because it works best for ME. If eating 3, 6, 1, 12... Whatever times a day works for YOU then keep it up! Don't fix it if it's not broken!
  • ShaunMc1968
    Options
    I have to have a small snack around 4pm - sugar levels dropping and evening meal some time away.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yes loads of people have, likewise loads of people have lost weight eating 6 meals a day.

Its not how many meals its whats they consist of that counts and what suits you best.
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is irrelevant. Some people prefer one meal a day and lose just fine. I eat every few hours because it works best for ME. If eating 3, 6, 1, 12... Whatever times a day works for YOU then keep it up! Don't fix it if it's not broken!

I agree. Personally eating 2-3 times a day seems to work well for me. When I was eating 5-6 times a day, I found that I would get hungry, grumpy and sometimes even feel clumsy if I went more than a few hours without eating (and feel sleepy after eating, especially with high carb snacks/meals). Now I find that if I miss a meal, or go several hours without eating, I still feel good.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yes I sometimes do that, and I've lost 72lb, I think it's more cals in vs cals out
  • amrita0286
    Options
    I have smaller meals, place them 2-3 hours and try not to eat after 8pm.
    I think it's important to do that so your body isn't feeling like it's been starved. As long as you are having healthy snacks then I don't think you will gain. It's been working for me so far and by eating every few hours (like healthy snacking - celery, fruits, soup, salad), I don't feel like I'm starving.

If I am hungry at night I have some green tea or fruit, and I feel better. I've also noticed without the late night eating, I don't get heart burn anymore and that's a big plus.
  • charl2712
    charl2712 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat only 3 times a day as I'm just not into snacking, as I never feel hungry and I have lost weight. I think it's just whatever works for you. If you feel hungry then eat, if you don't, then don't force yourself to eat, just ensure that your eating enough calories to keep you going and to enable weightloss.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Not tried to do that because I like to graze lol! maybe I was a horse in a previous life :)
  • estherwhetstone
    estherwhetstone Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Today I'm starting a 21 day challenge of eating 3 meals a day and see how it goes.