Day #1

Options
I am 24 years old and gave birth to my first baby (a girl, Ella) last May. I have struggled with my weight my entire life and have always been incredibly self-conscience. When I got pregnant i weighed 206 and had been stuck at that weight for months. I was incredibly fortunate to only gain 24 lbs during my pregnancy taking me to 230. Since giving birth I have gotten down to 180lbs with dieting alone. I recently purchased a Wii and the Wii Fit Plus and LOVE IT! I burn at least 200 calories a day using that alone.
I am doing alright on my diet still my biggest downfall is snacking and the weekends.
I am really hoping to make some friends on this site that can exchange diet tips, healthy recipes, and be great with motivation! I would love some friends around the same age range possibly with children!
Good luck to everyone out there, I'm routin for ya!!

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    heyy! My downfalls are the nights and weekends too.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    heyy! My downfalls are the nights and weekends too.
  • mshofton
    Options
    Hi I can truly relate to your situation.. I am 32 years old even though people mistaken me for someone that is 25. I have 2 beautiful children I have been trying to lose weight forever and like you i am very weak when it comes to snacking and the weekends because of course i am the only one in the house trying to lose weight..My husband is in excellent condition and has worked out his whole life he does not get that a person that has never had to put effort in losing weight now has to do this task and it is very hard for me to stay motivated hopefully this time around i can finally get fit and stay away from the sweets and chips..I wish you much success on your journey and I am interested in knowing how you do. As far as any ideas i would love it if any were passed on to you that you would share and vice versa. well thanks for listening and posting your story you never know the walks of others can be similar to your own walk in life.
  • snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hello I had my second little boy Levi May 8,2009 and am also trying to lose weight. I'm 27 and from Alaska. I'm still breast feeding and my body is just holding on to this weight. I initially lost 18lbs like 2 days after he was born and havent lost a pound since (in 8 months!) I'm at 155 right now. I was 137lbs when i got pregnant and would love to see my prepregnancy weight!! We can do it!!! :)
  • snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hello I had my second little boy Levi May 8,2009 and am also trying to lose weight. I'm 27 and from Alaska. I'm still breast feeding and my body is just holding on to this weight. I initially lost 18lbs like 2 days after he was born and havent lost a pound since (in 8 months!) I'm at 155 right now. I was 137lbs when i got pregnant and would love to see my prepregnancy weight!! We can do it!!! :)
  • extremee6
    Options
    I did not know that you could burn so many calories on the wii...you have motivated me to get back on track with it.
    Thanks
  • sonjjbell
    Options
    I feel you!! Snacking calories add up very quickly, so I try to stick to low-cal snacks between meals. I love the Special K bars, 90 calories, also apples, oranges, Fat Free pudding cups etc. I wish you all the best and hang in there!!

489010.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sonjjbell
    Options
    I feel you!! Snacking calories add up very quickly, so I try to stick to low-cal snacks between meals. I love the Special K bars, 90 calories, also apples, oranges, Fat Free pudding cups etc. I wish you all the best and hang in there!!

489010.png
  • sallyah13
    sallyah13 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had my second little boy in March and I still haven't gotten rid of those last few pounds! I did so good in the beginning and then the holidays came. I am now motivated to get rid of those last few! I however gained 70 pounds and kick myself everyday when I think about the fact that I would have been back to my goal forever ago if I had only gained the recomended 25! However, I have a beautiful healthy little boy so would do it again in a heartbeat if I had to!
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck to you! I too am using the Wii Fit Plus. Don't take the calories it says you're burning too seriously, they are on the high side. I would invest in and HRM for accuracy.
  • jwoodward
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I have 3 kids, 2 boys and 1 girl. The oldest is 6, middle one turned 3 in December, my little girl is 19 months. I have always been overweight to. I also have a wii fit and fit plus. They are so much fun. I also have EA Active. It is very motivational also. It has 30 day challenages going from light to high moderation. There are all kinds of exercises and sports on it. It keeps up with your calorie burn and is amazing. You can workout with friends. I would suggest that also. My 2 younger kids and husband do it with me. I have almost completed the first 30 day challenage and have lost 5 pounds almost. I haven't updated that on here yet. Good luck. Keep at it. You can do it!
    442944.png
  • missyannb85
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck to you! I too am using the Wii Fit Plus. Don't take the calories it says you're burning too seriously, they are on the high side. I would invest in and HRM for accuracy.

What does HRM stand for?
  • sssrip
    sssrip Posts: 72
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor
  • missyannb85
    Options
    How much does a Heart Rate Monitor cost?
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from $30-$350. Some are far better than others.