Weight

Options
I want to know if you weigh yourself at home and it says 125pounds and the go to the doc and weigh yourself it would say 129pounds. What is the right weight. I would like to know. B/c I have got 3 scales since 2007 and they all say something different then when I am at the Doc. So how do I know if I am losing weight.

Replies

• krystlbear
    Options
    I am just using the same scale all of the time to get my weight. I use the home scale.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    If you plan to only weigh yourself at the docs then go by that.

I have a scale that I believe is off. I use it consistently so I know its always off. However, i think I'm going to start going by my wii fit, which will still be consistent to itself.

While most scales will give different results, they will be consistent if you use the same scale. You can't compare results of different scales.
  • LisaCookies
    Options
    It's really hard to know which one is correct. I've had this problem before different scales may run a few pounds heavier or lighter. The best thing to do is pick one to guage yourself by and only use the amount from that scale. This way you'll know what your progress really is.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Well, do you weigh yourself at home with no clothes on? At the doc's office, you are generally fully clothed. When you weigh at the doc's office, have you eaten a meal? Drank water, coffee, soda pop?? All that has weight. Both scales are probably accurate, just the one at the doc's office is also weighing your clothes and your food/drink ingested and not eliminated. 4 lbs is a typical difference, with up to 10 depending on what you're wearing and what you've had to eat or drink. Track by your home scale, and the amount lost will also reflect on your doc's scale, just the number will be a little higher than what you get at home.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I have 2 scales at home. Scale A says I weigh 210. Scale B says I weigh 222.

When I first started, Scale A said I weighed 258. Scale B said I weighed 270.

Both ways I've lost 48 pounds. :wink:

You just have to weigh yourself on the same scale wearing (or not wearing) the same clothes, at the same time of day, before eating or drinking anything, after you urinate each time. That will give you a relatively consistent reading to go by. Your body weight fluctuates, though, so you can't really ever expect to know your "real weight." Your weight is what it is so, at that moment, that's your "real weight."