Hungry day

Options
No matter what I do today, I seem to be hungry. I haven't eaten anything that is unusual to me, no caffeine, Haven't worked out yet. I usually eat minimally processed foods. Anyone else have this problem, and what do you do to get out of it? I only have 400 calories left!

Replies

• epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    When I have hungry days like you do I fill myself up with water. I mean like lots of it all at once. If my stomach is full of water it doesn't want food.
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get lean protein. Turkey breast is a good choice -- low calories for the volume. In general when I don't get enough protein I notice that I'm left wanting no matter how much I've eaten.
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    My trick for days like that is to eat a handful of almonds.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    wow, I had the same thing happen this weekend. I have been on MFP for 5 months and pretty regular with eating , and happy enough with quantities I get to eat daily. Saturday I felt weak and felt I needed food so allowed myself extra carbs mostly--as I needed something substantial. Then Sunday, same thing--I basically needed to eat every hour in the afternoon to be satisfied until I finally ate enough at dinner to satisfy. I was thinking maybe I was coming down with something but I do seem fine today. I think if you need it, allow yourself what you need but make sure to be back on track the next day. Your body definitely talks to you and knows what it needs! Good luck!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Hot peppermint tea for me.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Protein, fiber, and allowing myself to eat a few more *quality* calories than usual. You can also exercise a little more to give yourself more wiggle room for the day.
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the excellent replies so quickly!

I will work on the water, I did have some earlier and it seemed to help for a while. I also have some ginger tea, nice and warm. I will also make sure I get some exercise, so that I do have some wiggle room for whatever extra ends up in my mouth!
  • katee38
    Options
    I would try eating something with fiber in it, that usually fills me up. An apple or some whole wheat crackers and cheese. I have problem with that too, I want all those foods I can't have. It usually is at around 3pm for me! I hate being hungry.
  • cranberrycat
    Options
    I tried the fiber approach. I had breakfast with 3 grams of fiber, and then when I felt that wasn't going to cut it, I had a bowl of Hi-Lo cereal, that is a high protein cereal with 7 grams of fiber.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I like to have strawberries when I am running low on calories! They are very low in calories compared to the volume, and I find them to be more satisfying than other fruits.
  • Kandy84
    Options
    i know what you mean. i have this issue sometimes. sometimes i find that it's because i am craving something in particular and i am just not satisfied until i get it. i end up eating a bunch of junk because i am just not satisfied.
  • wonderwoman22886
    Options
    I eat lots of raw veggies on those days. They have lots of fiber, a good amount of water, and very very few calories. Also, I double check with myself to see if I am really hungry, or if its a response to stress, or some other emotional motivation to eat.
  • cranberrycat
    Options
    Well, I think I have it licked for now. Will see how long I can last after lunch.