Eggs are healthier than they used to be

Options
Flixie00
Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
Honestly, well according to the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/0/19298162.

I need to eat more eggs :smile:

Replies

• Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Having them in cake counts right? :bigsmile:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I reckon meringue definnitely counts - that's just the egg white, right?
  • ElliieMental
    Options

Yes but only with jam and buttercream :bigsmile:
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

This is absolutely true. But I think I has to be raspberry jam to extract the full goodness from the eggs.
  • RickBriggs
    Options
    Eggs are NOT healthier than they used to be. It's a myth promulgated by the poultry industry. Too much cholesterol will give you heart attacks and strokes. Get meat and dairy out of your diet and live a long, healthy, happy life!
  • ElliieMental
    Options

This is absolutely true. But I think I has to be raspberry jam to extract the full goodness from the eggs.

I concur with this hypothesis!
  • SkinnyChemicals
    Options

Only Victoria sponges.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Eggs are NOT healthier than they used to be. It's a myth promulgated by the poultry industry. Too much cholesterol will give you heart attacks and strokes. Get meat and dairy out of your diet and live a long, healthy, happy life!

you couldnt be any more WRONG....dietary cholesterol has no impact on blood cholesterol and actually been proven eggs lower blood count....so stop spreading crap
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    More cake and meringue for me then! :drinker:
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

you couldnt be any more WRONG....dietary cholesterol has no impact on blood cholesterol and actually been proven eggs lower blood count....so stop spreading crap

This
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options

^^^^^This.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that the "WHY" the eggs are healthier was a change in the hens' diet. Go figure.

Do you know what your hens are eating?

This is why I'm advocate for paying a bit more for Cage-Free Omega-3 eggs. A healthier hen, produces a healthier egg! :drinker:
  • ElliieMental
    Options

Word.
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Nope. There are acually different types of cholesterol, and the ones you find in eggs are the good kind. Fact. Unless there's any medical reason involved, there's no harm in eggs.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options

To be fair, it was "true" once.

It's simply that the ongoing process of research has shown that dietary cholesterol has no impact on blood cholesterol, and that the previous research was total bollocks! :bigsmile:
  • JacquieOliveri
    Options
    Egg whites? Those aren't bad. . . right?
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Egg whites? Those aren't bad. . . right?
    Did you not read anything in this thread....eggs ARE NOT BAD!!!!! ......Whites are not bad, but why not eat the best part thats packed full of good stuff you need