Calories Left...

autumnleann
autumnleann Posts: 15 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a question about Calories.. I am allowed a little bit more than 1200 calories per day and I work out 4 times a week and burn about 420 calories. Naturally, after I work out I am hungry, but I always stay under my calories for the day (with a few exceptions). How many calories do you usually have left over? Should you have any left over? Or should you eat all you are allowed? Let me know. Thanks!

Replies

• Isabelle
    Isabelle Posts: 102
    You should eat ALL your calories. And don't forget to put in the calories you burned with exercice because you have to eat them also! So lets say you have 1200 calories allowed, and you did elliptic for 200 calories, then you need to eat 1400 calories for the day. if you don't, you will go in starvation mode and you body will stop loosing wait.
  • ddss37
    ddss37 Posts: 36 Member
    Also, please be careful going under 1200 calories per day. I know there are others that can explain this better who visit this forum. But, from Weight Watchers - 1200 calories was the bottom. :happy:
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    and as always, an occasional under will not hurt you. but don't make it habit. i've actually hear that you should at least eat HALF of your exercise calories. i struggle sometimes at night because i'll have some left over cals. some things i use is light ice cream, peanuts, maybe some celery with peanut butter. those are good snacks that will use up some calories pretty quick.

awesome job on working out by the way!!!!
  • autumnleann
    autumnleann Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks to all of you for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.