Greek Yogurt Question

Options
Is the 100g flavoured Oikos yogurt cups really all that great for you?

(Oikos honey)

Calories: 100
Carbs: 14g
Sugars: 13g
Protein: 8g

Or if you really want the greek yogurt to be beneficial do you have to acquire a taste for the plain stuff?

(only other type of greek yogurt I can buy here is Liberté - so please don't say "GET FAGE" lol)

Replies

• Lookingforfitat40
    Options
    I spruce up the Chobani no fat Greek stuff with granola and honey. It's turned into my ice cream.

That's really hard to admit for a gun toting republican. My wife keeps trying to get a picture of me with the granola package in hand.
  • ShaneOSX
    Options
    You're not taking away from the quality of the great yogurt by not eating plain. The issue is how much added sugar there is.
  • IAmCorStar
    Options
    Go for 2% plain, not fat free. In a compartive 6 oz, the 4 grams of fat is far better, (both tasting and health wise) than the added sugar. Same calories.
  • shenaniguns
    shenaniguns Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Calories: 100
    Carbs: 14g
    Sugars: 13g
    Protein: 8g

^^^^ I call that a carb. It is "better" than traditional yogurt in that it has more protein, but I would not waste the carbs or sugar eating it.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I just buy the 32oz Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt and portion it out myself. I usually add a few drops of agave nectar to it to add a touch of sweetness. Agave nectar is extremely sweet so you need very little and has a low glycemic index.

For the plain Fage, here are the nutritional stats per cup (227g):

Calories: 130
    Carbs: 9
    Protein: 23
    Fat: 0
    Sugars: 9
    Calcium: 25%