pedometer recommendations?

Options
I'm looking for a good and reliable pedometer to calculate distance. Just a basic one as i already have a polar HRM. Any suggestions? I was looking into an Omron. Are they any good?

Replies

• MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the Omron. I have a FitBit and I love it. It measures steps, distance, flights of stairs, and tracks your sleep. I can't live without it. I also have an HRM that I use when I work out, I use the FitBit in addition t the HRM.
  • deborah0123
    Options
    I d/l a good one from the app store on my iphone. It is free. It does distance, time,speed,and avg speed. and steps. it has map and gps. and a great option it plays my music. it is really good..I just paid 1.99 to upgrade it but honestly the free one is just as good.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the Omron. I have a FitBit and I love it. It measures steps, distance, flights of stairs, and tracks your sleep. I can't live without it. I also have an HRM that I use when I work out, I use the FitBit in addition t the HRM.

THIS^^^ love my fitbit, and have rarely been without it since the last week in May when I got it.
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Chiming in for the FitBit Ultra. It is with me always.
  • Billie09
    Billie09 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit too and love it.
  • Serenity_now
    Serenity_now Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input!
  • questiontheanswers
    Options
    I also have a HRM, so I don't use the pedometer a ton anymore, but I have an Omron (this model: http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-112-Digital-Pocket-Pedometer/dp/B0000U1OCI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top) and I loved it. The price was good, it was reliable, and pretty easy to set up. I also liked that it could pick up steps while carried in a purse. I wore it daily for months during a 10,000-steps-a-day challenge, and it showed no signs of wear and tear. Still works great, I just don't use it much anymore.
  • heidimaggott5
    Options
    I have a Garmin FR60W HRM and it came with a foot pod that calculates steps and distance
  • itsrebec
    Options
    I've used my Fitbit every day since December when I got it. What a motivation!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I have an Omron that I've had for over a year now I think. I love it and use it every day even when I have my HRM on. I like having all of the information. LOL
  • jonkers2012
    jonkers2012 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I too love my fitbit, and use it as well as my hrm. It's a good motivator to just get more active, aside from 'exercise' :)
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    FitBit Ultra... seriously it's the mutts nuts...
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    pets my fitbit. nothing compairs
  • yogagirl1111
    yogagirl1111 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    pricey but worth it... fitbit
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I want a fitbit but I'm poor so for the time being I have a little cheap $5 pedometer I got through work. but definitely check out what it does before getting one. Mine you can calibrate to your weight and stride to make it more accurate and not all the cheapo ones will do that.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I have two.

New Balance Via Slim - I think it cost $25 to $30 but it does a great job logging steps and miles. I really like it because it slim

Sportline - $5 at Walmart and it does a great job. Its just big.