No Sweets Buddy!

Options
Hello!

I'm new to the message boards- well, new to posting, I like to ghost and read a lot of other people's posts. lol
Anyway, a little while ago I started doing a high fat low carb diet. Although I am doing it to lose weight to look better, I looked up (what I think) is a lot of information stating that this particular diet will be better for me inside, and out. My main issue with this diet is sweets. I'm supposed to limit my sweets to virtually zero, and while I know that is a bit extreme and some people may think I should ease my way into eating no sweets- but there is no such thing for me. I love sweets and I love sugar and just one cookie could send me into an all day binge. I could go on forever- but the point of this post is that I'm looking (essentially) for a diet buddy. None of my friends are really into that stuff... So yeah- if anybody's interested please let me know!

Thanks in Advance!

Laura :)

Replies

• tenaheff
    Options
    I would love to be a dietbuddy, but I am not going to give up sweets. If that is ok with you, send me a friend request. If you only want those giving up sweets, I guess I am out. For me, that is just not sustainable over the long term.

Tena
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I've sort of given up sweets. This means I have eliminated all storebought biscuits, cookies, cakes, milk chocolate, meringues, chocolate mousse, sundaes/icecream etc. Instead I eat the occasional square of dark chocolate and home-made baked goods (virtually zero though this week I made banana bread and had 3 slices over 4 days). As a replacement I allow myself a small pot of fruit yoghurt as dessert. On occasion I will still eat a dessert if brought over by a guest or on a special occasion. I have visitors thursday-monday this week and intend to have a restaurant dessert one of those evenings.

My savoury vices are a bit less controlled; I eat thai rice crackers and baked crisps (25g packet max per day, not every day). I love crisps and they have played a large part in my weight gain but for me a snack-pack of Walkers Baked is a sustainable lifestyle change from the previous family size bags.

My diary is open, why don't you have a look and see if you think I'm the kind of buddy you're looking for? If so send me a friend request!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I don't struggle with avoiding sweets. I used to though.

As a teenager, I had a killer sweet tooth. Then in college I decided I didn't like lugging 40 extra pounds around with me so I cut them out entirely. Believe it or not, after several months of that, I completely and totally lost my sweet tooth. I never went back (and that was 25+ years ago). I'm living proof that you definitely can retrain your palate to enjoy different things!

I'm not technically a low-carber, but I don't eat a lot of bread and the like.

Feel free to add me if you think it would be helpful to you.
  • dakotadawn93
    Options
    I'm desperate to give up sweets. I need an SOS lol
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm on my 21st day of no sweets at all! I've still eat been eating fruit, but no candy, cookies, or cakes. Personally, my goal was not low carb, but breaking the sweet addiction. Go cold turkey. I'm not even kidding. I did it and was successful. Unfortunately for your timing, I'm about to allow sweets back in starting tomorrow. But anyway, you CAN do it. And after about 5 days of being in withdrawal, you'll start feeling better.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I need to do the same thing....Give up sweets! I've tried, but have no luck. I'll do better for a while, then someone will bring cupcakes or cookies to the office, and it's down the tubes. I feel if I could do without any for a month or more that I would lose that horrible sweet tooth. Good luck!