Post surgery work outs

Options
On Monday I found out that I had Appendicitis and I had to have surgery to get my appendix removed. Now I'm not allowed to lift heavy things, so no lifting weights, and I can't move very fast. I want to do some walking, but I was wondering are there any other good soft work outs for when I start to be able to work out again? Things that will work my muscles and get me moving but are easier . And it would just be super helpful to hear from anyone who has been in a similar situation, I've gained a little weight and I'm feeling sort of down and a little support could go very far for me right now. Thank you all and anyone who wants to be friends feel free to send me a request.

Replies

• dlkamp82
    dlkamp82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had major abdominal surgery back in 2006. I was allowed to very little (including stairs). So I walked as much as I was allowed and I could tolerate. If I started to hurt, I turned around and went home. As I healed, I could walk longer and faster, and I did. I walked like that until my 6+ weeks were up. Then I worked back into my work outs. I did my easier ones till I built up my endurance. I avoided sit ups for a while longer. If it hurt my stomach I stopped. I hope this helps.
  • Arunakae
    Options
    Thank you so much. Just knowing someone else is out there who's successfully gone through this, helps more than I can say.
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Walk and take it easy. It is hard but follow your surgeon's instructions. You want to heal and get back to normal, not set yourself back. Be as kind to yourself as you would be to others.
  • Arunakae
    Options
    Thank you :)