Polar FT4!

Options
I just got my Polar FT4 in the mail this morning, and used it during Zumba. 45 minutes and 515 calories! It was ridiculously easy to set up-- I've never before had a heart rate monitor but set it up in five minutes, right before I jumped to the gym.

Does anybody else have this HRM? I'm in love with mine! It makes chirps, like a tamogachi. Heheheh.

If you are thinking of getting one, I recommend this one!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Love mine too! Soooo easy to use!
  • questiontheanswers
    Options
    I have had mine for a little over a month now and am in love with it. I had it out of the box and in operation in minutes - so ridiculously easy to set up. I thought the chest strap would be annoying but I don't even notice it's there. I researched quite a lot of reviews before settling on the Polar FT4 and am soooo happy I went with this one.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I just got the FT7, if mine chirps I'm deaf.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I have been looking to buy a new HRM & this is the one I like the best so far....I am glad you have this topic up so that I can read the responses to hear the good or bad things about it so I know if I should really get it...Perfect timing b/c I was thinking about ordering it today!!! What is the difference between the FT4 & the FT7? Does the FT4 have a calorie counter too? That is the main things that I want besides the Heart rate of course...:smile:
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I got the same one! it is great absolutely love it! not sure how I lived without it before :) and yeah the burn wit Zumba is absolutely amazing
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing great things about this one. I hope to get one soon!
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have an older Polar RS300X, but I still love it! It's probably not as cool as the FT4. I'm sure it's more cumbersome to use, as the "buttons" are difficult to push and the display is small (at least for my 40+ year old eyes), but I love it! I've had it since 2009 and I've only had to change the battery. The strap is still in great condition and like you said, it's so easy! I won't exercise without it! Enjoy yours!
  • fairyT83
    fairyT83 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a few weeks, it's been brilliant, but the last week I've had problems getting a proper reading from it!! :indifferent:
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 too...love it. Just make sure to keep the strap clean so you get accurate readings.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I have been looking to buy a new HRM & this is the one I like the best so far....I am glad you have this topic up so that I can read the responses to hear the good or bad things about it so I know if I should really get it...Perfect timing b/c I was thinking about ordering it today!!! What is the difference between the FT4 & the FT7? Does the FT4 have a calorie counter too? That is the main things that I want besides the Heart rate of course...:smile:
    FT7 can time how long you are in fitness zone and how long in fat burning zone. You can store more exercise files and you have the possibility to buy all kind of equippment and attach to the monitor.
    I have FT7 and I love it, I use it while walking, swimming, biking. Here where I live they almost cost the same so I chose FT7. It is easy to use
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I got mine in April for my birthday present. I have no complaints. I love it! I know there are better models out there, but this one does what I need it to do.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have sports tracker and it ws the best investment I made for my sport and gives me upto date info on cals urned were as on here its a estimate but with a hrm its more accurate
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Got the Polar FT60 and love mine... never do cardio without it... :drinker:
  • Laylasmom77
    Laylasmom77 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love mine...it tells when I'm exercising in my zone or not. And the battery is much easier to change than my last HRM.
  • bellabijou
    bellabijou Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my FT4 the other day, I can't wait to get it!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    It's so awesome. Yes, it tells you how many calories you burn after each workout! Be sure you wet the strap before a work out and wipe it down after a work out to ensure its accuracy!

The strap is sooo comfortable. I seriously had NO idea I was wearing it, and I'm usually a brat about things like that.
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I Have the same one and I refuse to work out without it!
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    same here on what everyone said...I have the FT4 and I love it! Great choice for me!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

I got the FT7 because you can change the batteries yourself. The FT4 has to be sent in for battery replacement. I think besides that, they are pretty much the same.
  • ElizabethSami
    Options
    Just wanted to ask....I have one but haven't used it for a while. Took it out again to use it but the watch isn't working. Iam guessing its the battery, does anyone know if u can change the battery or had this problem before?