Polar FT4!

Options
2»

Replies

• SirRunningShorts
    SirRunningShorts Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have the same one, it is my second HRM. And I am a big fan as well. WAY better than the New Balance one I had before.
  • davisrl0
    davisrl0 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yep. Thats the one I have. Had it about a month now and love that I can see exactly what I burn. It also enlightened me as to how far off MFP is with exercise calories burned. I turned off the sounds on mine because I also wear it when I lift weights. I dont stay in my zone the whole time I lift, I know that....so I dont need to hear the chirping.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have been looking to buy a new HRM & this is the one I like the best so far....I am glad you have this topic up so that I can read the responses to hear the good or bad things about it so I know if I should really get it...Perfect timing b/c I was thinking about ordering it today!!! What is the difference between the FT4 & the FT7? Does the FT4 have a calorie counter too? That is the main things that I want besides the Heart rate of course...:smile:

I got the FT7 because you can change the batteries yourself. The FT4 has to be sent in for battery replacement. I think besides that, they are pretty much the same.

Oh... perhaps I'm wrong about that! That's what I was told, but I guess that's not the case based on these responses!
  • Juliedungca
    Juliedungca Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Same as I have... Love it!
  • jennifermaffei17
    Options
    Yep, I have one. I absolutely love it! Got mine as a gift and have been thankful everyday!!
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Love my FT4! Just changed the batteries in both the watch and transmitter today (the newer model has replaceable batteries). Especially love it for swimming!!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I just my new FT4 yesterday!
    I agree - it was incredibly easy to set up, and I love the little chirps too. (Although I have yet to figure out what some of them mean! lol)
  • hayzychick
    hayzychick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've heard great things about the polar ft4 so far I ordered one today and it should arrive tomorrow ! I'm so excited ! But I forgot to look into swimming with it? Can u actually swim with it or is it best not too ?
    Thanks guys xxx
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have the RS100 by Polar. It is programmable. It does tell you your time in, under and over your zone. It does have replaceable batteries in the watch and strap. It can be worn swimming and I have done so a few times this summer.
  • jehuster
    Options
    I have been looking to buy a new HRM & this is the one I like the best so far....I am glad you have this topic up so that I can read the responses to hear the good or bad things about it so I know if I should really get it...Perfect timing b/c I was thinking about ordering it today!!! What is the difference between the FT4 & the FT7? Does the FT4 have a calorie counter too? That is the main things that I want besides the Heart rate of course...:smile:
    FT7 can time how long you are in fitness zone and how long in fat burning zone. You can store more exercise files and you have the possibility to buy all kind of equippment and attach to the monitor.
    I have FT7 and I love it, I use it while walking, swimming, biking. Here where I live they almost cost the same so I chose FT7. It is easy to use

I bought the FT7 a couple of days ago for $95 and I really like it. I like that it shows results for Fat Burning and Fitness so you know the difference. I want to buy the extra thing to synch it to Polar's website in a couple of weeks. :)
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I just got mine on Saturday. I have used it both today and yesterday. I am IN LOVE with it. I can already tell that I won't be able to workout without one now.
    I agree about the chest strap. I thought it would be cumbersome, but I actually did not feel it at all while running. It did not slip even an inch!
    And yes, it is easy to set up. I had read some reviews where people said it was confusing, but I'm really not sure what they would find confusing. I had mine out of the box and set up in less than 5 minutes. It is extremely user friendly.