Heart Monitor Pro's & Con's

ropsnik
ropsnik Posts: 68 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Can you help me choose a good heart monitor that counts calories between the price range of $75-$100? Please let me know the Pro's & Con's of choosing a good heart monitor. I would like to measure exercise on the treadmill, outdoor walking and bicycling.

Replies

• i have a timex one that i've had for 3 or 4 years .. and still love it. the watch is just like a regular watch - instead of those huge bulkly polar watches ...

mind you ... like i say .. i've had this for 3 or 4 years, so the technology might have improved by now and they'e less bulky. i've also seen ones more recently that don't need the chest strap - that would be cool, but i don't know how they trace your heart rate then?

i'm stll pretty happy with my timex.
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    I bought a Polar F6 on Amazon for 92$$ Its the best investment I've made! it's great, comes with a chest strap, pretty easy to use. I wear the strap all day and don't even know it's there. It's really nice knowing exactly what I am burning. Can't really offer any cons on it, at this point I have no complaints about it. I find it meets all my needs and it wasn't too expensive. I use mine for step class, zumba, kick boxing, pilates, running, & the elliptical machine. Good luck to you!
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    I have a Timex one (ordered it online at Target.com) for under $100. I have had it about 4 months, and absolutely love it. It's made for women, so nice and small. Also, I like that I can change my own battery when it's time.
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Bought a polar f7 on sale and it coul d not pick up my heart rate, returned for a new one and the same thing occurred again. Opted to buy the Timex which is listed as the 2nd best on ConsumerReports and it worked immediately, cost 67 on Amazon and as I'm a prime member it arrived in 2 days. The chest strap did not have to be soaked or require electrode gel like some Polars and I'm very satisfied with my cheaper model, plus I can change the battery myself. Beware of heart monitor's website where I bought mine from because when I received the watch their CSR had me go through Polar to make the claim although I had only had the watch for 3 days.

Good luck,
    Michelle
  • ropsnik
    ropsnik Posts: 68 Member
    Can you tell me the model number on your Timex HRM? Does the chest strap come in various sizes? Does the Chest wrap require a gel or wet down before using? Thanks for your support!
This discussion has been closed.