Super busy almost 40 working mom of 5...

Options
2»

Replies

• SeaShelly75
    SeaShelly75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also 37 with 2 kiddos, ages 8 and 5. I stay super busy with them and my hubby as well as my job as an RN. I really need to lose about 30lbs, but would like to focus more on reducing my body fat percentage this time instead of focusing on the scale so much. Would love to have some friends in my similar position.
  • SeaShelly75
    SeaShelly75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We need to start a 35+ mom's group :smile: . I need mfp friends.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hi , I am 48 and very proud of that. I have 3 son's 11,19,24, as I've gotten older I eat less and move more I aim for 300 minutes of cardio a week, I have been lucky to have worked outt my whole life so that has been my fountain of youth..
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi mother of one 18 year old. Am 45 with a stressful job. Pretty much gained my age in weight this past year. Trying to put myself first and to lose weight healthy. Feel free to add me
  • suzmagana
    suzmagana Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We need to start a 35+ mom's group :smile: . I need mfp friends.

I like this idea! We need to stick together.
    I am a 37 year old, married 12 years, with boys 6 and 3. I lost the weight fine after baby #1, but after baby #2 it never happened. I had lots of excuses - busy with boys and work. I kept telling meself I'd be easier and I'd have more time after both were in school and then finally realized WHAT am I waiting for?! With the weight I've lost this summer I am finally down to what I was when I got prego with #1. At my goal weight I'll be what I was when I married.

But as I lose weight, why are my poor boobs shrinking faster that my a**?! :)
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I turn 42 in less than 2 weeks. 2 years ago I wanted to lose weight as I was turning 40....lost about 28lbs using MFP. Then have gained some back over the past 2 years and back again to take it off...been back at if for 4 weeks now. I will be married 21 years in October. I have a 13 year old son, 15 year old daughter(16 in October) and my son just graduated high school in June, turned 18 in July and left for basic training in the U.S. Army in July also...very proud of him! Add me...or I will send you a request. Any friend requests are welcome if you would like to give and receive support :)

Also, I take it you are a virgo? Me too! :)
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'll be 47 on Wednesday and a mom of 6 lost the weight post pregnancy really easily but injured my back and shoulders and the weight piled on trying to delete it from my body but its slow going but eventually I will get it done
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and have 5 children ages 25-10. I never had a weight problem until I had
    My hysterectomy several years ago. I know how hard it is to make time to exercise when you work and have your kids involved in extra-curricular activities. Welcome to MFP. I hope you make friends who will inspire and support you here!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    40 next week (aaargh) with 1 x 4 yr old and 3 step kids, working full time.
    Busy times but we can do it! Where there is a will, there is a way!
    And yes - the boobs are long gone!
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 36, SAHM of 2, ages 7 and 4. I just celebrated my 16th anniversary. :) I have about 45 lbs to lose and since I started MFP 2 weeks have been pretty determined. I want to do this right. :) Feel free to add me!
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I sent some friend requests out (they only let you do 5 at a time...more later). Sorry if my message sounds like a dating site description. I am just not sure what else to put! :laugh: Anyhow, I love having support on here as well as giving the support.
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    43 Years old today ! Mom of 2 teenagers , a son age 14 and a daughter age 16, sending friend request !
  • fiveboymom
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Ali and I am looking to get serious and be held accountable not only to myself but to my family as well. I am a stress eater and after a family tragedy I have gained 200 pounds in 16 years. I am beyond morbidly obese and I know my life will be shortened if I do not get serious. I am 41 years young and I have been married since 1991 with 5 sons under the age of 12 (they are active in martial arts, football, soccer and running and they are at their healthy weight.) I am also a full time college student working on my M.A.I.S (will finish in May) and Masters in school psychology (licensed hopefully by next year). I know I need to lose weight not only for health concerns but also to enter the job market next year when being older is already a challenge. I am looking for a friend (s) to help keep me motivated. I have other friends who are overweight however they have chosen other methods to get their weight under control (Lap Band and Gastric Bypass) I wish them luck, however for me that is not an option because until they invent a Lap Band for the brain and its impulses to eat ,this method will not stop me for over eating. Would someone please help me? If you only knew how hard this was for me to even ask for help and to admit I have a BIG problem. I don’t want someone to whine or make excuses to I want someone who will be honest with me when I am real with them. I hope I can encourage you too! Please help if you can. Thanks so much!