Am I Right!!!!

Options
My goal is 1330 calories, daily so I eat 1330 calries, or very cloae to. But, then I get approximately 400 more calories from exercise...at the end of the day my total calories says 930...should I be satisfied, and will I lose weight????; Or am I supposed to eat back some of the 400 calories, until my end of the day net is 1330, or close to????

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    you are suppose to eat back everything you burn,
  • dfair1967
    Options
    Some do and some don't.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    You should eat back your exercise calories. Like me for instance, my goals are set up to eat 1600 calories a day. I ROCKED it today and burned over 900 calories. If you take the 1600 and minus the 900 I burned off from working out, my net calories for the day would only be 700 calories. If I did that every day, my body would go into starvation mode and I'd stop losing weight. Plus, I refuse to starve to lose weight. Lol. It's been working for me so far. 10 pounds down in less than a month.
  • printererror
    printererror Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Some people only eat back 20 - 50% of their exercise calories, because MFP and exercise machines tend to overcalculate how many calories you burn.
  • mollymoo89
    Options
    EAT back your exercise calories!!! You want to make sure your "NET calories" are 1330. You need fuel food for your body!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I eat no exercise calories back unless I'm hungry then I'll eat something. Not to mention what someone else said, you overestimate the workout calories and underestimate your calorie intake and your gaining weight instead of losing.

IMO only eat if your still hungry at the end of the day.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It would depend on the way your goals are set. As a general rule though you should eat back your exercise calories. However, for those of us without HRMs to give us a realistic idea of what we burn, we have to trust MFPs calculators, which I've heard can be nearly double what you really burn, so I only ever eat back half of my exercise calories. ETA: That said, I don't force myself to eat the exercise calories if I'm not hungry just to get to the 50%. IMO that's stupid. I'm trying to change my relationship with food for the better, and forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry is not the way to do it.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Only YOU can decide this. No one here can tell you what to eat or how much. Only your doctor or nutritionist can legally do that. Much of the ballpark estimate is base on your height. The taller you are the more you need to eat, in general.

I can tell you that I don't eat back exercise calories and I base everything on how I feel and what is happening with my body and that I am strong and healthy. I don't eat all the calories MFP tells me too. If I did I would gain too much fat.

There is no scientific evidence for starvation mode in women over 12% BF or men over 6% body fat. So if you have a lot of weight to lose (or your body had a lot of body fat to draw from) you can eat as low as is comfortable for YOU. For now. Once you get closer to your goal you must taper up the calories, and if you get close to 12% then you have to watch for starvation mode by how you feel and your neck measurement.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You should be netting at least 1200 calories, so please eat some of those calories back.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I eat no exercise calories back unless I'm hungry then I'll eat something. Not to mention what someone else said, you overestimate the workout calories and underestimate your calorie intake and your gaining weight instead of losing.

IMO only eat if your still hungry at the end of the day.

That pretty much sums up my philosophy. If I am hungry I eat, if dot, I dont.
  • edwinamac
    edwinamac Posts: 24 Member
    Options
  • edwinamac
    Options
    Thanks
  • edwinamac
    Options
    Thanks