The Joys of Eating Once A Day

Options

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm not completely sure how tall I am,

You don't know how tall you are?

Yeah, really. WTF? Have you never been to a doctor? Or been curious for that matter? Who doesn't know how tall they are?

Edit: You replied while I was posting.

Your doctor would be the accurate one. Who ever applied for your driver's license would have written whatever number is on that. Your family may not have the means to measure accurately. But I seriously cannot believe someone who says they don't know how tall they are. That's crazy. LOL.

Well I DID give an estimate! I said 5'5 or 5'6. (Doesn't height change during the day anyway?) That is to say that I'm not totally clueless. I'm not bouncing through feet here...

I'm pretty sure height stays fairly consistent throughout the day.
  • FuneralForMyFat
    Options

Yeah, really. WTF? Have you never been to a doctor? Or been curious for that matter? Who doesn't know how tall they are?

Your doctor would be the accurate one. Who ever applied for your driver's license would have written whatever number is on that. Your family may not have the means to measure accurately. But I seriously cannot believe someone who says they don't know how tall they are. That's crazy. LOL.

Well I DID give an estimate! I said 5'5 or 5'6. (Doesn't height change during the day anyway?) That is to say that I'm not totally clueless. I'm not bouncing through feet here...

You seriously think height changes during the day??? Wow, how old are you?

You didnt know your spine compresses during the day in turn making you slightly shorter (not that much) and lengthens while you sleep? How old are you?
  • myIF
    myIF Posts: 15
    Options

Sorry. I guess dry humor doesn't transcend well online...

Here are two articles to read in your past-time though:
    http://www.nsbri.org/humanphysspace/focus6/ep_function.html
    http://www.everydayhealth.com/healthy-living-pictures/12-big-and-little-facts-about-your-height.aspx#/slide-4
  • FuneralForMyFat
    Options

http://www.everydayhealth.com/healthy-living-pictures/12-big-and-little-facts-about-your-height.aspx#/slide-4

Lol dont even bother, some people obviously lack common knowledge :) anyways go you for doing something youve found works for you while eating well above the lowest calorie limit for healthy weightloss :)
  • viktoriaakills
    Options
    this is what ive decided to do, actually.
  • myIF
    Options

Lol dont even bother, some people obviously lack common knowledge :) anyways go you for doing something youve found works for you while eating well above the lowest calorie limit for healthy weightloss :)

lol, good to know I wasn't the only one with an elementary-level knowledge of science. thanks :)
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    wow there are some major ****en *****es in here...
  • myIF
    Options
    this is what ive decided to do, actually.

I hope it all goes well for you and that you get as many benefits as I have. It may feel weird at first, but it becomes a lot more natural over time. I hope the resources on the bottom of the article can be of good use to you :)
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options

"You seriously think height changes during the day??? Wow, how old are you?"

--I think I know who one of them is....:drinker:
  • myIF
    Options

"You seriously think height changes during the day??? Wow, how old are you?"

--I think I know who one of them is....:drinker:

hahahaha, :drinker:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Any height difference is minimal, really. And there is no need for name-calling, guys. We're better and smarter than that, aren't we?
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I just recently made a blog and posted an article on my turbulent journey to weight loss, as well as my new-found discovery to eating once a day. aka. intermittent fasting.

http://shaylhem.blogspot.com/2012/09/nom-stop-nom.html

If you're looking for an interesting read, take a look. I didn't write it to necessarily be deterred. (translation: no hate please)
    I went from binging to not binging. Eating junk food to eating primarily wholesome stuff. And being free from the bondage of not thinking about food, counting calories, or anything else. So why do I have a MFP account? Just because. ;)

It may not work for all, but for those who are interested in taking a stab at it, it just might help.

Enjoy!

Nope. You didn't say anything about height. Not a word until you interjected the statement, "5'5" or 5'6" for your guesstimate. The other posters aren't "picking" on you, they're curious without having all the information is all. I'm glad you have a program that works out for you and your lifestyle.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I am trying IF a few days a week. Eventually I'd like to do it every day. There are IF groups on here if you are not already a part of them.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    if it works for you, more power to you! kinda like low carbers, if it suits them then go for it. however, im hypoglycemic! every time i see these posts i cringe a little for those people who dont consider how bad it can be for someone :) this is one of my "dont do it".lists, haha
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Congrats on not binging nor eating junk food!
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My wife's been doing it for a 5+ months. She was already at upper normal weight and lost about 10#s, it definitely eliminates snacking. Ive done once or twice when I want to save up for a big dinner out.
  • zephylis
    Options
    Frankly, I only had a guess on my height too until 2 weeks ago when my doctor took a measurement. My driver's license is clearly wrong because it says that I'm taller than my mother and I know that to be false. In addition, I even think the doctor is wrong too because her measurement put me at too short. I just took the average of all these attempts which is 5'3 and made that my height.
  • CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love that you found something that has worked for you! Your journey is inspiring! I too have failed when trying to follow everyone's advice, but have been highly successful with experimenting and finding what works best for me. IF is something I just recently have discovered from a successful friend on MFP. When your work life does not lend itself to regular eating, IF may be the answer to get a variety of nutrients. I have not tried IF, but have been considering it for one of my experiments. I am sorry that there are so many unkind and misinformed repliers to your post. Know that your strength can inspire many of us. Stay on your strong side.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Eating once a day sounds like my worse nightmare. I can't even imagine the horror!

I rarely go more than 2 hours without eating, healthy snacks when I can, or small meals.

Each to their own though
  • ASDavis72
    ASDavis72 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    To each his own; insulting a person doesn’t get you point or concern across, it only blocks whatever message you’re trying to deliver.