Zumba

Options
Zumba isn't in my database but a friend says that it is in hers without her adding it herself. I'm confused, but whatever.

So if I want to add it to my exercise database what sort of calorie burning figures should I be adding it as per hour?

Replies

• TimeFourMe
    TimeFourMe Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My Zumba instructor says we burn between 400-800 calories each 60 min session. Depends on each individual's effort. I burn 700 regularly. LOVE it!
  • brooklyn2576
    brooklyn2576 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's not on mine either. I usually just count it as "aerobic, general" or "low impact aerobic"....depending on how hard I try. LOL
    I'm kinda new to Zumba. What are the best shoes to wear? Mine have too much traction or grip, I think. They stick and I can feel my knees pulling. Any suggestions?
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm in the high 200s and even with many high impact moves, I tend to burn about 400-500/hour. That is just an estimate anyway, I don't do anything special based on my calories burned though.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Those figures look more like I was expecting than the figures my friend's database is logging. She's recording over 1300 calories burned per hour.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar HRM so I get a better idea than MFP's calculators. I average 1100-1300 per hour.
    Lots of MFPeeps have used this:
    http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/
    It's a pretty good estimate. I have compared it to my Polar HRM and it's within 150-200 calories. My HRM is always the higher number of the 2.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Thanks!!