Losing the Battle??

Options
Hey guys I was just trying to figure out what is going on. I hit a weight at 220 lbs in Jan 2012 and now I am 170 my goal is 160 but i have been stuck at 170ish for about 2 months. I blew my knee out running 12 miles or so a week and I replaced that with good old fashioned pull-ups, sit ups, and push-ups, while also walking some. I usually eat around 1400-1500 calories a day but nothing is coming off I wanna be toned up but somethings wrong. Any ideas??

Replies

• trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Im no expert, but a couple things come to mind;

If you're only 10 lbs away from goal it your lose will slow down, the last 10 take a while!

You replaced cardio (running 12 miles) with strength training. Always good, but the ST probably isnt burning as much as the running was. Is there any cardio you can do yet? bike or something, or is the knee still too injured?
  • dannomyte81
    Options
    I do ride but the main problem is that i am a full time student at 30 and i work full time, I would like to but i would have to do it at late night. I at least had a treadmill in my house for running but i am still not able to do that much. Walking is fine but it is so boring and frankly doesn't get my heart rate up.