Feeling hopeless...

Options
After 2 back to back pregnancies I'm feeling pretty awful. I feel like there's no hope. I was hoping to be 30 lbs lighter by now. I weighed 150 in January after I had my second baby and by July i was 165 (thanking the bc pill for that one). And now I am stuck at 163. Not getting anywhere. I only eat at restaurants twice a month but Ive got an awful addiction so sugar! I just feel like I'm gonna be fat forever. I have no one to help with motivation. *sigh*

Replies

• ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    All you have to do to find motivation is look into the eyes of your kids. Do you want to be fat and sluggish or a healthy dynamic woman who will be able to play tennis with your future grandchildren?
  • skinnyskittles
    Options
    keep logging and reading the Success Stories.. it will come :)
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    What's crazy is, once you get your motivation in order, take away your triggers, and educate yourself on and acquire new good habits, it's unbelievably simple.

I know that sounds like a jerkish thing to say, but when I chucked out and just refused to buy foods that got me in trouble, ate better stuff and counted it, and exercised, it just worked. It will for you.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I should say that my motivation was pretty high for other reasons, which I had connected with weight in my mind. Also, I was not a new mom. That's tiring, I hear.
  • ricky_j_b
    ricky_j_b Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just recently was in Lac La Biche,awesome area,beautifull lake,,get the kids in the stroller and walk,walk,walk,get the sugar out of the house,along will all the other junk.Lead by example!! and oh yeah,walk,walk,walk,,
  • PokeyMcAwesome
    Options
    Thank you all. I think my motivation is just down. I work 20-30 hours a week and don't drive so I walk 4 k a day each time I work (2 to babysitters and then to work and back again after) but that doesn't seem to be doing enough. Must be what I'm eating.
  • joshberg87
    Options
    What you are eating is undeniably the cause of your woes. I'm a personal trainer and I can always tell whether my clients are eating right. Without proper nutrition, you just won't see the results you want. Here is a small list to help you out.

Increase - do more of these things!

Exercise - boosts mood, increases energy, and controls weight
    Fruits, vegetables, and whole grains - these foods are high in fiber, which regulates your digestive system and helps you lose weight
    Water
    Sleep

Decrease - do less of these things!

Fast food and soda pop - high in fat and processed sugars
    Smoking
    Alcohol
    Sodium
    Processed foods
    Stress
  • terri1020
    Options
    Pokey, I also felt helpless. I scheduled a GSV surgery and my family protested. I was days away from surgery and on the liquid diet for five out of the seven days necessary before. I decided to postpone the surgery and, with my family, changed my lifestyle. I have to say that the five days on Unjury shakes broke the sugar and carb cravings (and I lost 10 lbs). It was a great start and I haven't looked back. It's only been since Aug. 8th and I'm down 18lbs. I do the 30 day shred daily and log all of my food. I also begin my day with a protein shake (holds me for four hours).

Please don't be hopeless! You can do this and we will all support your effort. It's a journey not to be taken quickly. If you lose one pound a week, that is 52 pounds in a year, more than you need to lose!

Be hopeful!

Terri

PS Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • MFPBONNIE
    MFPBONNIE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would tell you that you are not fat you just need to get moving to lose some weight, but I dont' know your height. Hey I am addicted to sugar also, we gotta do something about that though. But at my height now, 5-5, I would kill if I had to to weight 163! So here is one sister who is in a heck of a worst boat than you are. Thing is, someone told you to find motivation in your children's eyes. Go for it young mama, you can do it.
  • Yellabutterfly05
    Yellabutterfly05 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place. As a busy mom of 3 I can relate to the feelings of being fat and not knowing where or how to start. Just keep logging in, reading the posts and it will hit you one day. All the planets will line up and you will have your "aha" moment. For me it was reading the post of a fellow mfp blogger. She said "it takes just as long to eat healthy as it does to eat unhealthy". That was my biggest obstacle....time. That statement made me realize that instead of spending 4-5 minutes making nachos, I could chop veggies for a salad. Good luck and remember to take it one day at a time!
  • gklangdon
    gklangdon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 never had kids and this past June I decided I was giving up on logging and exercising, because I was gaining not losing. It made me so depressed that I decided that I needed to go to the doctor to see what was going on. I brought in my food/exercise logs and showed her just so she had as much information as possible. Holy smokes after lots of tests, my doctor comes back to say that I'm pre menopausal. So in August we changed my birth control and I started seeing a difference. My doctor said hormones are a cause of weight problems too. Next time you're in for a check up let your doctor know about your gain and inability to lose. Maybe ask to see if you can switch up your birth control. This is just a suggestion.

Everyone is different and I'm not a doctor. I'm just giving you what happened with me.

Take a deep breath and keep going. You're special and you can do this!