Jello sugar free /fat free cheesecake?AND

Options
Is this any good?? I bought a box of the sugar free/fat free jello cheesecake and i think its like 60 calories a serving, i might be wrong, i cant really remember actually, something like that anyways =) And keep wanting to make it but I hate when I make jello or pudding and its gross and just sits in the fridge because I refuse to throw it away haha...

So debating if i should just make some good ol jello or try the cheesecake!

It sounds so good im hoping to not be disapointed!

ALSO
Is there a difference (in taste) between instant (sug/fat free) chocolate and the cook and serve (sug fat free) I had thought I really liked the sug/fat free chocolate pudding and then when I made it again last week i wasnt really a fan. but I noticed I have a box of each, and wondered if the cooking makes a difference.. hmM!!!

Replies

• lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump
    =)
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I can't help you. I make real cheesecake.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Personally, I try to avoid sugar free/fat free items. I realize that some people must have them. To me, personally, when the manufacturer takes out the sugar or fat, it gets replaced with something else. Sometimes it's a sugar substitute, and some of them aren't very good for your body. Sometimes they increase the carbs. So it's really a trade off.

Now that's not to say that I never have sugar substitutes. But I'm trying really hard to wean myself off them in my tea. I'm down to just one tiny packet. That's the only thing I use sugar substitute in. An interesting thing is that when I have a sugar substitute, I find that I will crave sugar. If I have a couple of cups of tea with the substitute, I many times have to have something sweet. It has been documented that sugar substitutes do increase cravings for sugar.

I've found at least with the cheese, the fat free version usually has a higher sodium content

To me, give me the real thing. I'll just eat less of it. Many times it's more filling, too.
  • acorbin
    Options
    I love the sugar free Jello. Its only 10 calories!!!!! How harmless is that! Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Loser recommends to the contestants to eat that if they want a snack. Its a great snack with barely no calories and no sugar. Go for it!!!
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    :smooched: hey i know what your talking about i buy that one all the time its great. the mix itself is 25 calories per serving and has 4 in the box. you add 2 glasses of fat free milk to it which is 160 calories....so the whole thing is 260 calories! with fat free whip cream waaaaaaayyyyyyy worth it!
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I like the cheesecake flavor. Does it taste like good ole Cheesecake? No but it's not bad. My daughters like it too. I have never made the cook & serve.