Would like friends!

Options
My name is Melia. I'm a 24 year old, with an awesome husband of almost six months, I have been obese since I was seven years old. I topped the scales at 258lbs in my Sophomore year of college. I then proceeded to lose 50lbs, I then got down to 195 right before my wedding, I'm back up to 215. And would love to get to 140lbs. I'm 5'5 by the way. I also was diagnosed with hypertension when I was 20. And was recently put on a second medication. This was a huge wakeup call. One med was enough, but two became unbearable. I was on the fast track to an early death. So here I am! Ready to struggle and ready to get fit! I would love to have some friends on my journey!

My husband is awesome, and he's so supportive, but he's a bean pole. Who could eat an entire cow and probably lose 10lbs. So I need some with similar goals.

Replies

• Ceres77
    Options
    I hear ya--I'm also on two blood pressure meds that I would dearly love to be rid of! I'm feeling really positive about my experience here so far, though...only been 10 days, but it's already working so hopefully I'm on my way to being pill-free. :-)

Anyhoo, sent you an add request...welcome to MFP! :D
  • LadyAlston
    Options
    Oh, I know the feeling! My husband is a beanpole too! It's frustrating! Feel free to add me as a friend x
  • Tashymash
    Tashymash Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey there :) I like having friends to support and be supported by so feel free to add me :) We have sort of similar stats and goals and i feel your pain because my boyfriend also eats Pizza, KFC, Fish and Chips, Mcdonalds and all that and doesn't put on any weight at all!