Looking for friends with over 100kg (225 pounds) to lose

Options
Hi. my name is Tracey and I am one of the really fat ones on here. I have been given the chance at weight loss surgery (which I thought would never happen) but have to lose 35 kgs on my own first before I am allowed in the hospital and won't break their table :) So straight up I am having to face my demons and do what I consider will be the hardest part of the journey. My weight loss is supervised by my surgeon (who is just the best) and his clincial team but I would dearly love to do this with some people a similar size and challenge to me. Thanks. Oh yes, I am from New Zealand and a single mum :)

Replies

• KimBickel
    KimBickel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    . .
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Tracey, this is a great place. You can get all the help and support that you want here. It has helped me enormously. Just try to be faithful to logging in everything you eat and drink each day. Learn portion control and try to avoid processed foods as much as possible. Fresh vegetables, fruits, lean meat, whole grains, low fat dairy. Read labels. Exercise.
    You can do this! Use this website to help you. It really works!
  • LadyAlston
    Options
    Nice to meet you Tracey, thanks for the friend add! This is a fantastic place, the amount of support is amazing! I've got a lot to lose too, and it is daunting. But we can do it!
  • VickyJo68
    VickyJo68 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracey

Feel free to add me, I have about 10 stone to lose and you can never have too much support. If you want to send me a request I will happily accept (i'm over my limit on sending ones today!)

Vicky
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracey!! I've been on here since March 11 and while I've lost 81 lbs. since then, I will be here for a loooong time and plan to be here after I reach my ultimate goal! :)

The MFP friends I have are all amazing! They support and encourage me every step of the way. Feel free to add me so I can help encourage you! :)