Replies

• peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I find it to be proper food not the normal cardboard rubbish out there
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I love it! :) I tried out their chili salad bowls recipe, it was really good! :D
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I saw a nice recipe on the solitary episode I've seen... A chilli in a wrap 'bowl' with salad, cheese and sour cream... yum!
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It was something I never thought I'd see Si & Dave do, but I loved it. Although I did feel rather sorry for them when they were down at 1200 cals per day........poor sods!

The book is great, folks.......get a copy if you can!
  • emsywooemsywoo
    emsywooemsywoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The show really got me motivated to do this site and get the weight off. Enjoyed it and I hope the Hairy Bikers make another series.

Jim

That's exactly how I ended up here!

Cannot get the book for love (not that I've tried lol) nor money, so I have pre-ordered it.
    Thus far had the korma, sweet n sour chicken, lasagne, chilli and cupcakes. All lovely!

Interesting so many people said 1200 was low? Is that because they are men?
  • peter236uk
    Options
    Chicken and ham tangle pie this evening we have done 4 recipes all great and proper grub
  • peter236uk
    Options
    I love it! :) I tried out their chili salad bowls recipe, it was really good! :D
    Thats the one I want to try
  • peter236uk
    Options
    The show really got me motivated to do this site and get the weight off. Enjoyed it and I hope the Hairy Bikers make another series.

Jim
    Me too made me relies I need to lose weight
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I love them there great, I am glad we have recorded it as we were away & missed two.
    I will try the recipes & i am going to do the breakfast one right now.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I have the book and watched the shows and yes some great recipes however I would say 1200 calories is very low I understand that what they were doing.

I am sticking to around 1500 to 2000 calories a day which you can view on my diary

I agree. I thought 1200 was very low for big guys who were eating well over 3500 to start with and who had taken up exercising. Realistically, they could probably have lost a bit of weight even at 2500 calories. If I was them, I think I'd have gone for somewhere around 2000. I suppose they needed a more dramatic weight loss for the TV show, though.
  • thepict51
    Options
    A really good book and very tasty recipes. I especially like their chicken Korma.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    some shops still seem to have the books in, though they are out of stock online. I got mine from my local tesco on saturday for £7.49 and they had a few copies left.

Trying the lasagne this week - will try more next week but only got it after I'd done my meal plan. Am hoping it doesn't taste too strongly of leek as my husband is not a big fan. But worst comes to worst I can do it with courgette or aubergine next time in place of the leek. Have altered it a bit to suit us - I don't think I'm actually capable of cooking a recipe without tweaking.

I am actually impressed though, the recipes look good and tasty which makes a change for a 'diet' cookbook.

I know the programme said they were on 1200cal a day but the introduction to the book implies it was more like 1500-1600.
  • peter236uk
    Options
    I cant praise it enough really nice meals I am sticking around 1500 cals per day and losing weight and not hungry
  • emsywooemsywoo
    emsywooemsywoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Trying the lasagne this week - will try more next week but only got it after I'd done my meal plan. Am hoping it doesn't taste too strongly of leek as my husband is not a big fan. B

I am eating it right now........and no not too "leek-y" :D
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options

Trying the lasagne this week - will try more next week but only got it after I'd done my meal plan. Am hoping it doesn't taste too strongly of leek as my husband is not a big fan. B

I am eating it right now........and no not too "leek-y" :D

How 'leeky' is it? I love leek, but my partner is a sod to try to get veg into so the leek component may prove a little problematic.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    So far we've had the cassoulet, chilli salad bowls and the masala marinated chicken - all delicious however the chilli salad bowls ended up being 550 cals each as we used 500g mince instead of 300g (as that was the size of the pack of mince)! Still waiting for book......should be arriving next week. We've got skinny lasagne on the menu for this week too!
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I got the book after the first episode was aired at Tesco's. I've had loads of the recipes out of them. Soooo tasty. The curry's are lovely :)
  • rickforde1
    rickforde1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've made the pies. They were brilliant! 330 calories too!
  • rickforde1
    rickforde1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and the korma. Great taste for a low cal option.
  • fankyskag
    fankyskag Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I missed the programmes, unfortunately, but was really interested in the getting the book when I heard it was being realised. Now that I'm taking this weight loss seriously, I suppose I should get looking for somewhere that has it in stock!